Help connecting to a wireless network

Ams

In Runtime
I have a wireless network but im not sure how to connect to it. I used 2 connect by right clicking on a wireless network and go view wireless networks and i would find it but i dont even have that on my new computer. Do i have 2 install something? i installed the drivers for the internet card. So whats there still to do?

as long as you have a wireless card in the pc and it is enabled from the network connections then it should work. are you sure you have a wlan card and not just a ethernet (lan) one?

I used the PCI card on my last computer and it worked fine and then i put it in my new one and i cant get the wireless screen i had a network cable unplugged but not wireless.

Have you tried installing the drivers? The hardware can be installed, but it's not going to work without drivers.

EDIT: reread the first post... maybe the wrong drivers were installed...?

If it is all installed it is as simple as going into Network Settings, selecting the Wireless adapter, finding the network and connecting to it. You can also connect to a network manually, without the use of the Network Settings manager.

Back
Top Bottom