I want to build

ramwedky

Beta member
Hi folks I have a few questions... about building a computer. is this where i can get some information. If will you please point me in the right direction.

I would like to use some of the old components in my old computer, if they still work.

Here is what I have: Pent 4 Prescot, 2G DDR2/533, SATA WD Rapture HD, Plextor CD/ROM, 450W power supply, I have a 2(dvi) flat screen monitor and bluetooth keyboard and mouse. O/S will Be XP or Vista, I get the profesional versions free.

So with that said... What other information do you need to know. I used like like to play a game like everquest/WoW everynow and then... if I get the bug, but really dont' do that much. I use it to watch vatch video's, listen to music, some work excel, word etc.. Surf the net, read/email etc.

What motherboard shoud I be looking for woudln't mind having something that would support the new intel's that are coming out.. I have also been looking at at intel Core Duo2. And I would like to have something that will support Vista.

thanks for the help

Ramwedky

If you can tell us the motherboard model, you might just be able to upgrade your current one.

It all depends, what is your budget? Are you going to be using some of your old components, or should we make a brand new build. If you are looking at a C2D and a new mobo, you might as well just build a new computer.

Everquest and WoW do not take a lot of resources, so you might be fine with that CPU, but C2D are cheap nowadays.

So what is the budget?

well like Ihuser said u could just upgrade. If u have a LGA 775 slot mobo then u can upgrade ur CPU no problem. (dont no if Pents are in those slots) and if u want to play WoW i GOT hacked in it and will b hopefully getting it back in a day or 2 (it took about 4 to 5 months to get it back). I am also getting a new computer sooo really u could just upgrade ur computer

Microsoft Optical Desktop Elite for Bluetooth M54-00013 2-Tone USB Standard - Retail

PLEXTOR 16X DVD±R DVD Burner Beige IDE Model PX-716A/SW - Retail

pqi TURBO 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533 (PC2 4200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model PQI24200-1GDB - Retail

Western Digital Raptor WD740GDRTL 74GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - Retail

Intel BOXD915GUXLK LGA 775 Intel 915G Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Intel Pentium 4 550 Prescott 3.4GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80547PG3400E - Retail

BFG Tech GeForce 6600GT BFGW6600GTOCX Video Card - OEM

RAIDMAX Scorpio ATX-868WUP Blue Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 420W Power Supply

Ok this is what I currently have.... I am just NOT SURE my motherboard is working... I would like to replace the motherboard and CPU with a duo2 and maybe the video card. PLEASE help me with suggestions.. and as far as money.. I would like to keep it under 1000.00

Thanks for the help, cause I am not really technically minded. I can assemble but know nothing about the new stuff.

Dewayne

Back
Top Bottom