Need Suggestions...

i have a crappy emachines too, but it works perfectly, it is fast, and is awesome, but it is still crap, i hate emachines, cheap company

hmm well the thing is the RAM thats installed at the moment is either the original one which might ahve been the problem in the first place OR the second hand stuff the shop used when they were trying to fix it - but i guess i can always buy another stick just to see...but if that doesnt work and since there is not much else that can be done the motherboard must be fired... :(

thanks for your help

great thanks flightsimboy ill try that first see if it beeps or not incase i spend money buying RAM thats useless

thanks again

Make sure you have 1 good stick and try each dimm slot! My last Asus board had fried several dimm slots but would work in one of them. It gave me hell for quite some time until I realized what the problem was. If you know you have a good stick and it does not work in any slots its definately the board if your positive the cpu is good.

......well i removed the RAM stick and turned it on but no beeping even after a few minutes :( so it would seem it is the motherboard.......*sigh*.. ah well back to the drawing board - but thanks to everyone for your help

Bryn

Back
Top Bottom