Car Thread!

her is my awesome lamborghini:
1999_lamborghini_diablo_gt.jpg

Zaki God, are you sure thats your car? because if it is... its completely awesome! i have always been a fan of those cars... so fast, streamlined design... only thing is, at 5-10 miles per gallon, they are some of the most un-economical consumer cars on the market.

Yeah if you're looking for speed, go with a manual one, and they can hold their own pretty well. It's not the hp, it's the torque plus relatively low weight. You can bolt a turbo on for like $3-4 grand and keep up with lots of stuff, while still having a relatively "cheap" ride. I realize 3-4 grand is a lot, but the things only cost like $13K brand new to begin with, so $17,000 car that spanks Mustang GTs? Yes, please.

If your going to to that, you could just get an SRT-4 or something. How much are the Focus motors making on stock internals boosted?

Depends. Stock standard Zetec with 5-speed can easily hit around 210whp on 9-10 psi. Stock SVT Zetec motors will go as far as money will take you pretty much, there was a guy who was around 350whp at 21 psi on a street driven SVT Focus w/ stock internals. That thing was a monster.

The newer ones use the Duratec motors and if I'm not mistaken, those usually get around 230whp on 12 psi. It's also worth noting that they are fairly light at around 2500 lbs.

her is my awesome lamborghini:
1999_lamborghini_diablo_gt.jpg

i don't want to call you a liar or ne thing but if you post a pic with you inside the car and maybe on top of it, it would make a believer out of me.I just find that hard to believe lol what job do you have to afford one of those?

Depends. Stock standard Zetec with 5-speed can easily hit around 210whp on 9-10 psi. Stock SVT Zetec motors will go as far as money will take you pretty much, there was a guy who was around 350whp at 21 psi on a street driven SVT Focus w/ stock internals. That thing was a monster.

The newer ones use the Duratec motors and if I'm not mistaken, those usually get around 230whp on 12 psi. It's also worth noting that they are fairly light at around 2500 lbs.

Its about the same for the Neon motor, the breaking point is usually around ~250 hp.

That SVT is sounds pretty crazy though, there aren't too many 4 cylinder motors you can take that high on stock internals.

Stupid Photobucket site maintenance, I'll watch it later. But that is the coolest Focus I have seen so far, I like how it has a lot of potential on the stock block, wonder what it could do fully built.

Back
Top Bottom