Gallery: 3-D Design

FlightSimBoy

Fully Optimized
Hey, all. I want to see how good you guys are with 3-D design. Doesn't matter which program you use.

I can do some abstract, but thats about it. I don't have anything that I am proud of that I can post, but I'm working on it.

:)

Well, hey, I've been working on this guy for about half an hour. This really is the first "non box formed" 3-D thing I've made. hes about 16 feet tall without the stoplight "hat" that i gave him. he also has an ultra bright light on his only arm. I made this with Google SketchUp.

Trust me. That is an abstract bot that I thought of in about 5 minutes. It just took me awhile to tweak it into SketchUp. Say anything you want to about my 3D design skills, im still a n00b.

A rather original design you have there :)

I've tried Sketch-up. Very different than Max, and rather quite easy to get used to, but I only messed around with it.

I wish I could design and create more of my own models, etc, but I always seem to model whats around me, and get frustrated when it doesn't work out.

With abstract etc, there are no rules.

im going to download 3D studio MAX if there is a free version. my dad found out about my brother downloading TONS of movies. we got a good version of evan almighty :D needless to say he got in trouble but we still got the movies :p so im not going to download illeagaly...for a while...

EDIT: OMG 612mb...think ill pass on that for a while ill try what flighsim is trying...i only get 80KB downspeed. terrible i know but thankfully i dont have dial-up. charter is only like 300 feet away too GRRRR!

im going to download 3D studio MAX if there is a free version. my dad found out about my brother downloading TONS of movies. we got a good version of evan almighty :D needless to say he got in trouble but we still got the movies :p so im not going to download illeagaly...for a while...

trial version

@ Rudster, i think you can only get a 30 day trial of 3Ds max. you could try gMax, which is a lot like it, with some features removed and its completely free. bad thing is, if you have vista, gMax wont work.

@kage, thanks!

trial version

wonder if reinstalling it would cancel the 30 day limit like on some programs...hopefully they wouldnt be THAT stupid :)

im trying google sketch up right now. good place to start nice and simple. i have used blender before...very hard to get use to

:D
TPFinal.jpg

Back
Top Bottom