Timeouts

theres plenty more forums out there. i just dont want to leave this all behind

so true ^
this was my first forum then i joined a mobile phone one just after and abandoned this one, but if im not here thats where i hang out

What we need is a pure HDD wipeout. Back up the user registrations and stuff to affiliate and reinstall a fresh, and stable DB, and then apply VB...or Invision.

ohhh ipb would be nice :)
maybe custom avatars at the same time :p
but yh a backup and re install of everything on a new server is a good idea

I really hope we can keep out rep and posts, although I would rather start from anew than keep on having these errors.

The thing is, if you delete all the posts, you can say goodbye to CF's PageRank. From a business perspective, PR is the most important thing. Getting new members to view ads...I doubt David will want to lose that. All the guides and such that have been posted on here in the past 4 years just disappearing would be a killer.

On the other hand, I know if some members lost their precious post count and rep, they would be very unhappy, and possibly leave.

you backup the database so you will have all the posts, not sure about post count and rep. i have a feeling that would possibly stay

What we need is a pure HDD wipeout. Back up the user registrations and stuff to affiliate and reinstall a fresh, and stable DB, and then apply VB...or Invision.

thats what ive suggested twice to david. but since other sites on this HDD so he could only delete vB then re install it
Some idiot opened way too many connections and so no one else could get on

use the DB to ban the ip's. ban whole ip ranges if you have too

Back
Top Bottom