Timeouts

Its not David's fault though I'm sure.

Obviously, the server hes signed up on, isn't as secure, etc as he hoped.

I might get absolutely flamed for this, but I see a VERY drastic solution. We could completely change the forums. Even the cheap free forums that I have been on get no DBE or anything of that kind. I know it will be painful to let go of the forum we love, but we can build another one up just like this, only without all the errors. I mean, most of the frequently posting members will move to a different forum with no problem, and we could just link this domain a different site.

Sorry if I sounded stupid..

Its not David's fault though I'm sure.

Obviously, the server hes signed up on, isn't as secure, etc as he hoped.
I don't blame David for the database errors these things happen sometimes and if he has been keeping good care of the database then its not his fault
but what will be his fault is if the site dies and he does nothing .or dosent get it fixed whatever it takes .seeing as he is the admin he is the man in charge so he has to do something if he relay wants to keep the site up and running .
If the hosting isnt secure choose better hosting . Nothing the members can do its all down to him .Hell people even offered to dontae money to pay for better hosting because they like this site that much .If that dosent show david we are right behind him in getting this problem fixed .I or nobody else is against him in getting this fixed or at least i dont think anyone is .But there is only so much people will tolerate before they just leave

I might get absolutely flamed for this, but I see a VERY drastic solution. We could completely change the forums. Even the cheap free forums that I have been on get no DBE or anything of that kind. I know it will be painful to let go of the forum we love, but we can build another one up just like this, only without all the errors. I mean, most of the frequently posting members will move to a different forum with no problem, and we could just link this domain a different site.

Sorry if I sounded stupid..

Dude if anyone flames in here they are getting negative rep trust me on that one If you dont wanna discuss this like an adult then please fcuk off as we are discussing the future of the forum here and we need to be adult about it .And if you don't like what someone is saying PM then thets not start arguing in here
As for what you suggested i think it should be kept as a last attempt/plan to save the forum . There must be a way to repair what is already here i would rather stay as i am than change but if needs be then yeah it would be ok i suppose

it annoys the hell out of me but its so frequent that i actually expect it when i log on, and i am getting used to it. it then leads me to post on another forum.

^^ See? Even as senior members are posting on another forum instead on this one because of the errors.

I am not saying that people can't post on other forums, I am just saying that when there are other forums with less Errors and whitescreens, new people choose them over our, far more superior, forum simply because there is less to deal with on those other forums.

yh, i love going on this other forum because its so reliable and the social chat is actually quite interesting (not that this site is boring), its just a great incentive.

I'm with you dude I like this forum as well and it has helped me out on several occasions, sure its frustrating with the errors we are getting but theres always another day lol.

^^ See? Even as senior members are posting on another forum instead on this one because of the errors.

I am not saying that people can't post on other forums, I am just saying that when there are other forums with less Errors and whitescreens, new people choose them over our, far more superior, forum simply because there is less to deal with on those other forums.

its cos people wanna just come on and post not worry about stupid database errors .
I have actually found myself over at computer vitals a lot more since all this crap started happening

This is the only forum I go on.
and I don't plan on leaving at all but this needs to get fixed can't we find a new hosting company or something like that?

Does it need to be cleaned out cause there is threads in here that are from 2003.

IDK but when i log on I cross my fingers every time.

This is the only forum I go on.
and I don't plan on leaving at all but this needs to get fixed can't we find a new hosting company or something like that?

Does it need to be cleaned out cause there is threads in here that are from 2003.

IDK but when i log on I cross my fingers every time.

This is the first forum i signed up for but tbh there are plenty more forums out there that we can join
This is compettiton and if this forum dosent live up to its expectations some people will leave .Its not like this is the only computer forum on the whole internet that we can visit i know loads more and so does my good friend mr google .
ALso this forum means different things to peopel . to some it is their only forum to others it is just another forum out there and so people will have varying levels of loyalty to the forum

Back
Top Bottom