Xp Os

ace777

Fully Optimized
OK I had an old XP upgrade disk for when my parents bought a T1905 Emachines, it had ME and then they upgraded to XP, I installed this on a 310S gateway and it seemed to work fine, but now at random I get problems with DXDIAG, and alot of error mesages about verifing that certain things(like audio and video cards) a windows XP certified. I talked to a friend and he said it may be a 32 bit version of XP and I have a 64 bit processor, how do I find out if that Os is 32 or not? and also If its 64 then can anyone help me stop the popups on certified products.

-ace777:D

Have you reinstalled all your drivers and such?

Your friend is wrong. The 64 bit version of XP is basically useless for home usage, you should not be using it. You're right in having the 32 bit version. Even if you had a 64 bit processor, all 64 bit processors are backward compatible with 32 bit. 32 bit is also referred to as x86, and the official term for 64 bit is x86-64.

Most defintely a driver issue. There most likely not certified because your trying to use ME drivers in XP. Anytime you upgrade like that you need to first download updated chipset drivers/sata raid drivers/gpu drivers/sound drivers/modem drivers etc whatever you have in your system. Without the proper chipset drivers your machine could bsod very easily. Example when I installed Vista64bit at first I was using generic Microsoft drivers and after a few boots my screen would stay black after the splash because the chipset drivers were not fully compatible.

Have you reinstalled all your drivers and such?

Your friend is wrong. The 64 bit version of XP is basically useless for home usage, you should not be using it. You're right in having the 32 bit version. Even if you had a 64 bit processor, all 64 bit processors are backward compatible with 32 bit. 32 bit is also referred to as x86, and the official term for 64 bit is x86-64.

1+ for rep, I really appreciate that, thats exactly what I needed to know, and one last thing, The drivers for my SM bus( which may be the reason for the XP certification popup) are gone, where can I find those at?

Back
Top Bottom