psp help

ericf19931

Daemon Poster
does anyone know how to install themes onto the psp. I've downloaded a ps3 theme and i was wondering how to install it.

Well,You can downgrade your psp to 1.5 then back up to Custom 3.40.This will allow you to do your theme and also run homebrew. (If you dont know what that is,just google it) I did that to mine and it works great.

yep thats right ^
is it the full xmb replacement theme or one of the old themepsp themes?

its a full xmb, i have the custom firmware 3.40 oe-a and i dont know know how to put the theme on from there, and also how do i uninstall the theme if i dont like it.

IF YOU FOLLOW THIS GUIDE,IM AM NOT RESPONISIBLE TO WHAT MAY HAPPEN:

-YOU MIGHT BRICK YOUR PSP
-YOU MIGHT DAMAGE YOUR EGO AND YOUR PRIDE

Ok,here we go:

1.Do a cold boot of your psp (Switch it on,then hold the power switch for ten seconds,then switch on again).As the psp switches on,hold down the R Trigger.

2.now you should be in a menu (Green background,white and blue writing).Go down to down to advance and press X,then go to Toggle USB (flash0) and press X.

3.Now connect your psp to the computer using a USB Cable.

4.Now go to my computer,then to removable disk and you should see 6 folders (data,dic,font,kd,kn,vsh),Copy (Do NOT CUT or Delete) these all and put these in a SAFE PLACE Just in case something goes wrong,you can copy it all back...this also applies to if you dont like the theme.

5.Before i go anyfurther,unless you are swapping over the files for a verified version you have downloaded (Such for the theme),do NOT Modify,delete or move ANY of these files.

6.Now,The PS3 theme should have the following files:
topemenu_plugin.rco
system_plugin_fg.rco
system_plugin_bg.rco
ltn0.pgf
impose_plugin.rco
01-12.bmp

Now with these,Put

topemenu_plugin.rco
system_plugin_fg.rco
system_plugin_bg.rco
ltn0.pgf
impose_plugin.rco

NO TURNING BACK NOW!

In VSH > resource folder,it will ask you to overwrite click yes.Now go back to your psp and select back and press X,then go to toggle usb and press X,Now copy 01-12.bmp to your pictures folder.

7.Now it's D-Day.Hold your powerswitch for 10 seconds,Now switch it back on and your psp should look like a PS3! but you have to go set your background,the background is in your pictures folder.

8.IF YOUR XMB COMES UP WITH NO ICONS AND YOUR PSP FREEZES,YOUR PSP IS SEMI BRICKED,YOUR PSP IS NOT BRICKED AND IT IS FIXABLE.Although if your psp comes up with a black screen your psp is also semi-bricked,and can aslo be fixed IN SOME CASES

Back
Top Bottom