Computer Question.

WindowsXP

In Runtime
Is it really bad for your computer to download a bunch of stuff and then take it off the same day that you downloaded it ?

Today I downloaded windows messenger, windows movie maker, yahoo messenger and Lime wire.

Well I have decided to take these off because I have better programs for this stuff. Would it be bad if i deleted them....right now ?

It frags up your HD, so make sure to defrag. Also some program files may be left over, but nothing major will happen.

Nope. It wont slow you computer down if you do that. Just be sure to clean it all up when your done as Thelis suggested.

Is it really bad for your computer to download a bunch of stuff and then take it off the same day that you downloaded it ?

Today I downloaded windows messenger, windows movie maker, yahoo messenger and Lime wire.

Well I have decided to take these off because I have better programs for this stuff. Would it be bad if i deleted them....right now ?

The drive is likely to get fragmented very badly. It happened to me when i deleted a whole bunch of unwanted programs and music/pic files. Following this, the PC started taking way too long for startup as well.

The drive is likely to get fragmented very badly. It happened to me when i deleted a whole bunch of unwanted programs and music/pic files. Following this, the PC started taking way too long for startup as well.

I'm not saying "Don't listen to rsp5" because he IS speaking from experience, but it is unlikely that uninstalling 3 or 4 programs is going to do anything seriously bad to your PC. As suggested if you are like me, and tend to get a little worried, Run CCLEANER and also
Start>>All Programs>>Accessories>>System Tools>> Disk Defragmenter
and have the disk Analyzed, you'll probably find that you don't need to defrag, but if it is suggested that you should, then do so.

Defragging is a very regular procedure in alot of peoples system maintenance, the first one might take a while, but (from experience) if you get into a habit of Defragging every fortnight or once a month, the process will become much quicker and at the end of the day it will help keep your system clean and organize your hard drive, which (if it's only going to take a couple minutes) surely cant be a bad thing.

Glad to help,
Tom

Back
Top Bottom