Intel Duo or Quad

It doesn't feel faster if you're running basic applications. I mean if all you do is run Word, go online, check emails, play solitaire or pinball, etc., play half life, there's no difference at all. Once you start piling on the intense multitasking applications, you'll notice a difference. I don't think the frequency is any higher than a regular CPU, it's a matter of how much you can run side by side without a significant slow down.

Wait, so DDR3 is already out?!?! OMG, when the crap did this happen? Man, I'm so behind on PC stuff.

Boy, just took a glance at the RAM. Very, very expensive. Not just that but even the motherboards for them are expensive. I think it's better to hold off on that. There's no difference in DDR2 and DDR3 speeds anyways.

yes DDR3 is already out...and I have word that the G0 stepping Q6600 can OC to 4Ghz on air ;)

Just get quad Core with that type of processor you will be set for a while plus if you have a strong and fast enough computer you will be able to run anyhting

Yep, it's lasting for a longer time.
Wait, so DDR3 is already out?!?! OMG, when the crap did this happen? Man, I'm so behind on PC stuff.

Boy, just took a glance at the RAM. Very, very expensive. Not just that but even the motherboards for them are expensive. I think it's better to hold off on that. There's no difference in DDR2 and DDR3 speeds anyways.
DDRIII-1066, 1333, 1350 and still going faster...no difference? ;)

Yep, it's lasting for a longer time.

DDRIII-1066, 1333, 1350 and still going faster...no difference? ;)

Theirs currently not any huge peformance difference, but DDRIII is still faster and worthwhile looking at when it drops. Peformance is not the only reason for using DDRIII, lower consumption, lower prices, etc will all play a role in the near future.

Yeah they are wayy too pricey nowadays. I don't believe that that increase in performance warrants such a huge price raise, so I will wait a couple of months until it drops. Preferably 6 months so I will get some my next upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom