Mercury KVM800M and this cpu....?

shawn_selig291

In Runtime
hi guys, i got a mb.... the mercury one in tittle..... it says its desgined for amd athlon 64(K8) processors.... from the manual it says its supports:

"socket 754 processor support...supports amd athlon 64/sempron processors, supports 800mhz FSB.... below is link to maunfacturs site:

http://www.mercury-pc.com/product-detail.php?link=p-mainboards&subtitle=Mainboard&productid=515

anyhow.... i was owndering where i'm trying to get a cpu for this baby... would this cpu work in that mb:

PLEASE SEE BOTTOM POST FOR UPDATED CPU CONFIG..PLEASE REPLY IF U KNOW...I NEED A FAST RESPONSE..THXS, SHAWN

would that cpu wor in that mb?, thxs, shawn

I see no reason why it wouldn't work, but I'm not going to pretend to be an AMD expert. I would still wait and see what someone else says before listening to what I said.

Are you trying to find a site to buy from. I go to newegg.com and never had a problem.

If it says its a socket 745 motherboard. Then look for a socket 745 CPU.

Plus, why did ya get a socket 745 motherboard? jw.

Are you trying to find a site to buy from. I go to newegg.com and never had a problem.

If it says its a socket 745 motherboard. Then look for a socket 745 CPU.

Plus, why did ya get a socket 745 motherboard? jw.

the cpu i mentioned in first post i can get cheap... but i want to make sure it will work first.... i'm not trying to find a site wher ei cna buy one.... i already bought the mb..... i was asking will that mb and cpu combo work toghether?, thxs, shawn

edit: oh yeah its not socket 745..its 754....

It would run at 800 Mhz any way. Just because it has two cores doesn't mean you add to two FSBs together. It's just one independent thing. The only thing that truly doubles is the amount of data it can work with at once.

It would run at 800 Mhz any way. Just because it has two cores doesn't mean you add to two FSBs together. It's just one independent thing. The only thing that truly doubles is the amount of data it can work with at once.

Amd semprons are not duaal core . as far as i can remember there are no dual core cpus for socket 754

ok..i'm looking at another cpu...would this one work with that mb:

AMD ATHLON XP M 3000+ 1.6GHZ CPU SKT 754 - AHN3000BIX3AX

Microprocessor information

Part number

AHN3000BIX3AX

Package

754-pin lidless organic micro-PGA

Socket

Socket 754

Speed (MHz)

* 3000+ (rated)
* 1600 MHz (real)

Stepping code

CAAJC

Level 2 cache size

256 KB

Floating Point Unit

Integrated

V core (V)

Max operating temperature (°C)

Thermal Design Power (W)

??????

Yea, that should work. It is a mobile core, which was originally designed for laptop systems. From what I remember of them, they are nice overclockers and perform well.

Back
Top Bottom