Ram Mismatch

ttomm461

Baseband Member
Hi
I have two sticks of 512mb ddr ram and one of 256mb.....I have a problem with hitching every once in awhile playing LOTR..one of the devs mentioned that the size of my ram seems odd...1.28gb...i have WINXP

will this impact performance on games?:eek:

dude, how is that even possible? you should only have 768 mb of RAM.

go in and update everything, including your MOBO and BIOS drivers.. other than that, i have no idea what could be wrong there, unless your MOBO has built-in memory

oh, never mind, i got ahead of myself (again)

didnt notice the mentioning of 2 sticks of 512.. sorry..

but that does sound right. 1.28 gb of RAM. and that really shouldnt affect performance unless one of the sticks is less than the other one but is still compatible with your mobo (for example, a PC2700 among two PC3200s)

I don't see the memory size affecting your game play. Are they all the same speed, such as DDR400, DDR333, etc?

What video card and motherboard are you using?

Hi
yes guys..Same speed DDR400....the two 512mb are Corsair value and the 256 is kingston Value..they are all 3200..I almost tried taking out the 256..Glad i posted here first

Tom

hmmm.... there is a slight chance that the kingston has compatibility issues with the corsair... could be a possibility, ive heard of it happening, but its never happened to me. ive always used kingston with other brands without a problem

The only reason i mentioned that was that one of the LOTR game devs said that mismatched ram size would bother my performance but yet there are known problems with the game so he may be passing the buck

it could b a compatibly
And if ur computer supports.... o nvm thats DDR2 u got DDR same like me :D but i got a 1Gb stick of DDR 266 its slow too :D only 2 slots in my Mobo :(

And if u wanna try it u can take out the 256Mb stick and try it then

Hi
I have two sticks of 512mb ddr ram and one of 256mb.....I have a problem with hitching every once in awhile playing LOTR..one of the devs mentioned that the size of my ram seems odd...1.28gb...i have WINXP

will this impact performance on games?:eek:

If ram's causing issues, your computer simply crashes (or application faults, causing application crash)

Back
Top Bottom