Dual questions

It's pretty deep stuff but it's something you don't need to know on getting a CPU. What's important is Intel Core 2 Duo is the best and that's it. Anything that's Core 2 Duo E6400 and up are good. Don't worry about AMD right now. If cost is an issue, then AMD is what you can get because they are cheaper than my grocery bill.

surfer boy (no offense)
i would hate to see your grocery bill
im probably going to upgrade my current pc to make it last for years to come and then play around with my dinosaurs :wink:

ok i got a DATABASE ERROR when i posted the first time soooo.....
I see nothing has changed from my Cancun Vacation
The same old INTEL vs. AMD
Plz stop choosing sides because there is no really reason
First - Intel is only better because it is Ahead of AMD for a bit
Once AMD releases its new line of CPUs AMD will b ahead and u Intel fans will start to root for AMD If thats not true then i shall hold this thread as proof

And has anyone noticed that if there wasn't 2 CPU company's there would b no competition
Now wat would happen if there was no Competition?

If u though or said $1000 2Ghz CPUs then u would b right.
Both company's get ahead for a bit then its the other company's so just chose the CPU thats right for u and thank the other company for providing competition.

PLZ its nice that u say the Intel CPUs are better but look for the future
AMD is coming out with a Foward compatible CPU with the Phonems
(The AM3 slot will fit in the AM2 slot just so u no)
then Intel might come out with a better CPU.
But guys plz tell me who needs a Quad Core CPU NOW?
No need and i want everyone here to say thank u to Intel and AMD for the competition :D

We buy whatever is best at the time. I loved AMD back when their Athlon 64 debuted. Not anymore because now my interest focus on Intel with their Core 2 Duos. If AMD does come out with something better, yes, I will go back to AMD.

You buy whatever is good. You can't always look for the future. If you need a PC upgrade now, buy what's the best now, not the future. If you do that, good luck waiting few more years, haha.

right now i have an intel inside
so the best thing that i can do is get a
core 2 duo E6400 or better right?

It depends on your motherboard. How old is your computer? What kind of motherboard do you have? What CPU are you using right now?

well if u all look at it Technolagy is Advanceing at a quad core speed.
If u look at it all the money u spend on a quad core CPU will b completely Out of date in about 3 to 4 yrs.

If u think about it soon CPUs and Mobo are going to use optical connections!!
If u think about it even Quantum Computers might be coming in about 10 yrs. to 20 which will like...... Up speeds like billions of folds!!
Does anyone feel sad that the things we buy today will be outdated tomarrow?
And do u feel sad that u spent all that money to stay ahead of the game?

And sorry fer getting of topic

It's true that technology change. In fact, they change much too quickly. Nvidia for example, OMG, they have new chipsets every 3 months seems like. I remember the good old days when the 6000 series GPU was top of the line, lol. Now we're getting to the 8900 series?!? It's crazy. AMD and Intel will always have their thing with each one coming out with the best CPUs. It's hard to keep up which is why we just try to buy the best that we can afford. I'm still stuck on the Athlon 64, 1st gen Athlon 64. I think it's still the Newcastle core or something like that. Can't remember.

It runs fine, but I know there can be improvements. If I were to upgrade right at this moment, I can afford to get a dual core E6700 max. It's not the Extreme edition, but it's fast and less than $500. Now in another thread, someone posted that there will be a HUGE price drop on quad cores and dual cores later this summer. Quad cores going for less than $300?!?!?!?! That's just insane.....

under $300!!!!!!!!!!! Thats is crazy but i would LOVE a Quantum Computer with Optical links instead of Copper but everyone says that these Quads are cheap ,On newegg i dont see one Quad CPU fer under $500. (if thats cheap u guys have problems)
Im going into the sticky AMD vs. Intel fer a bit :D

Back
Top Bottom