Need Opinions On My Future Setup

have you ever actually used it for any decent period of time? It is funny how many people bag Vista then go on to say that they have never used it.

i dont have it on my pc but my dad has it and i dont like it but then again im not big on change im to lazy to search for drivers

Have you already ordered all these parts? Because I was thinking you could save yourself a few bucks buy not getting the Memorex 52X CDROM and just sticking with the DVD burner as that will play and read all CD formats.

Okay so here is the system I built for you. Granted the price is a little bit more it totals $596.94 - $35.00 in rebates so $562.44 total after rebates.

Evga 8500GT $74.99 - $15.00 Rebate = $59.99. Better card also supports DX10 if you ever switch to Vista.

Evga 650I $99.99 - $20.00 Rebate = $79.99 Supports 1066FSB plus future support for 1333FSB. Also has 8 channel intergrated sound and decent overclocking potential.

G.SKill 2X1 gig ram $114.99 2 gigs running in DDR2 low timings this ram is fast this is what I use. For full spec's check out my review on it in the review section.

I know its $160 over your budget but overall you'll be so much happier. You'll have a system that is really tunable, and more future proof.
E6320 1.86Ghz $165.50 Most expensive part but much better than the CPU you have listed. Includes a heatsink/fan you could overclock to probally 2.6GHz roughly with this cpu/board/ram combo. More if you wanted aftermarket cooling.

Seagate Barracuda 250gb $69.99 50 gigs more space then what you listed.

Samsung 18X DVD RW $33.99 Should take care of all your burning needs. Didn't get a 2nd one don't see why you would need it. Order another one later when you get the money.

Logitech X-230 $38.99 I looked around and these are probally the best low end speakers.

A little more than you wanted to spend by $160 but a much better system that has more expandability and provides more tweaking.

Mattie, that is a very good setup. I particularly like the 2 gigs of ram, which would do him much better than the 1 gig he originally planned. As forthe CPU, that is a low end C2D. With the P4 that he said, he will not notice huge differences, unless of course he games or OCs. The Evga Board is good, as is hte HDD. The Samsung is good... speakers are... special..

But overall a good build.

Edit: No, one gig of ram is wayy too low. If you want 2 gigs of good, cheap, ram try this out:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145566

ok keep in mind im only 16 and have a limited budget
i mean i dont need a high end xpensive pc im just useing it for my fps games and stuuf im not really picky im doing this really more for a learning expierance

my budget was round 400
That's a nice setup, but you need to keep in mind what he posted earlier.

Yeah! That is why I posted a budget 2 Gigs of ram. For 67 dollars, that ram is very good.

guys would you pay attention when suggesting processors...no offense...but if you dont tell the guy there is a e6320 out there that has 2mb more of l2 cache (4mb total) for only $5 more and it is soooo worth it...just an idea

Back
Top Bottom