Need Opinions On My Future Setup

0v3rc10cl0ck3d

In Runtime
ok keep in mind im only 16 and have a limited budget but this is what i put together

1. elitegroup(ECS?) socket 775 motherboard
2. nvidia geforce 7600gs
3.pentium 4 3.4ghz cpu
4.1 gig ram
5.seagate 200 gig sata HD
6.memorex cdrom drive 52x
7.top g dvdrw drive
8.logitech x230 speakers

then the required hsf for cpu and i have 2 120mm case fans plus my case has 3 80mm fans and a 550wat ps

well everything totaled up with shipping thats with the case and everything was 454 bucks

i mean i dont need a high end xpensive pc im just useing it for my fps games and stuuf im not really picky im doing this really more for a learning expierance

my budget was round 400

I guess if you don't want to spend 2 much and want to build your own that would be a good start. At least you have a socket 775 board so you can upgrade to a core2duo if you really get into it. You may want to up the video card a bit are you running XP or Vista? Also check out this thread I wrote on building your own PC.

http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=57597&highlight=building+computer

im running xp home i think microsoft can take vista and flush it down there computerized toilets

Why Vista is great. Much better interface. The biggest problem is finding the best working drivers for it. Once you have a good combo of drivers its just as stable as XP. The system you listed would run Vista alright the biggest thing you would need is another gig of ram.

What type of ram are you buying? If your buying DDR2 I hope your getting 2X512 sticks, if your just buying 1, 1gig stick its not going to run in DDR2. Also you asked about a fan for your CPU. Are you overclocking or leaving it factory? Most CPU's come with fan/heatsinks as long as its retail and not OEM. If your going to overclock some you may want to look at a aftermarket cooler. Whats your overall price? Are you capped at $500 for everything including the fan?

Back
Top Bottom