New car!!

Haha, me too. I looked at the picture and was like "Wait a sec, something's wrong here" lol

Nice car looks very comfortable. Streets seem so narrow over there looks like any car would be hard to drive.
A word in yours & mammi's ear, [1]the British have always driven on the left, it's not strange to us, any more than driving on the right is to you, & [2] In the 40's, a lot of our roads were "narrow", now with something in the order of 40,000,000 vehicles on our roads, we have a huge network of motorways [highways as you know them] 3 & 4 lane, your vision of Britain's roads is around sixty years out of date, I'm afraid!, lol.

A word in yours & mammi's ear, [1]the British have always driven on the left, it's not strange to us, any more than driving on the right is to you, & [2] In the 40's, a lot of our roads were "narrow", now with something in the order of 40,000,000 vehicles on our roads, we have a huge network of motorways [highways as you know them] 3 & 4 lane, your vision of Britain's roads is around sixty years out of date, I'm afraid!, lol.

Yeah, you guys must have adapted or else everything would be at a standstill. i guess im talking sort of about the roads being narrow and one lane each way in the little towns and villages where everything is still old. from the pictures ive seen those roads can be very narrow.

Yeah, you guys must have adapted or else everything would be at a standstill. i guess im talking sort of about the roads being narrow and one lane each way in the little towns and villages where everything is still old. from the pictures ive seen those roads can be very narrow.
You live in Texas, where England could be put, & lost in that vast expanse, but we are a very "large" small country, large in spirit, I remember a joke where a Texan, talking to an Englishman said, y'know limey, Texas is so goddamn large, I can't drive across it in a day, to which the English man said yes, I had a car like that too.
I live in a small village on the glorious Isle of Wight, & you're right, lots of narrow country roads, I live opposite a manor house built in the 16th century, on one such road that leads from one village to another. I was born in the city of Portsmouth just across the water, but I don't visit there any more, it has the highest level of street crime & under age-pregnancies in of any city in England & has become a dump, I'm ashamed of it, I will die here, the nearest church for the ceremony is so small that coffins have to be lowered to get them through the door, that happened when my wife's was taken there, the lane was blocked by all the cars of our friends, but I don't mind, rather there than some over-large church on the mainland!

Haha, me too. I looked at the picture and was like "Wait a sec, something's wrong here" lol

Nice car looks very comfortable. Streets seem so narrow over there looks like any car would be hard to drive.

That particular road is one of the largest near me. I drove there specifically so I could take a picture because it has parking!!

Back
Top Bottom