best of the best ?

I use antiVir.

It works really really good, I tried out NOD32 and antvir uses less resources, and I never had a virus.

(KNOCK on WOOD!)

I can't believe that antivir would be less rescorce consuming than NOD32. I thought NOD32 was the least rescoruce consuming scanner ever.

I use NOD32 at home, and I abosuletly love it. I use McAfee 8.0 at work and abosuletly hate it, and im the antivirus administrator as well. Running McAfee on 125 PC's is not fun.

I'll stick with my legal NOD32 version, it has 2.5 years left or something :) Buy NOD32, the eset (nod32) guys are really friendly and nice to me :)

I'll probably buy it eventually. It's excellent on resources though, only using 25 MB RAM and 0% CPU right now...

I would say buy one. The free ones aren't that great. Windows defender is crap. So is Live Onecare and they are both from Microsoft. I would just buy one because it will be much better than anything free.

My personal favorite:

Avast (antivirus--this is the best all time. I feel it's even better than AVG)
Windows Defender (very accurate spyware detection)
Comodo FIrewall (this is the best for XP)

I would say buy one. The free ones aren't that great. Windows defender is crap. So is Live Onecare and they are both from Microsoft. I would just buy one because it will be much better than anything free.
Windows Defender is actually getting better. I can't comment on Live Onecare.

Many of the free ones are better than the pay ones. AVG, Avira, and Avast and all great ones. They're much better than McAfee, Norton, etc.

Back
Top Bottom