BSOD Message?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hey,

A mate brought his pc around for me to fix. I boot it up and I get the BSOD with This message. I have done what it says under the "file system is corrupt" and after a few reboots it just does the same thing. I'm not doing the WD HDD test within Hiren's, but if that shows up no errors what do you suggest I do. Also, in a minute i'll check the cable see what that shows up, but it has been working before fine.

Matt

Yeah that was my next port of call, I did format it a few months back because he was having other problems I wish I could remember what was wrong. And was just reading that MS page and read this:

"If this is the case, restart the computer to the Recovery Console, and then use the chkdsk /r command to repair the volume. After you repair the volume, check your hardware to isolate the cause of the file system damage. "

I'm starting to think it could be something like RAM causing the trouble.

Matt

That's entirely possible. Run Memtest and to check them out. It's also a good possibility it's a bad HDD. Run that WD software and see what comes of it.

Just started running memtest about 2 minutes ago and so far it's found 26 errors lol. I've never ran it and it's found errors!!!! So I think we can safely say it's the RAM causing our problems, i'll try and find some other RAM to test out.

Thanks for the help,

Matt

Not sure to be honest. It's not the best RAM, he had 2 sticks of 256, one was generic DDR333 and the other generic DDR400, the 400 is dead. So looks like he'll be buying new RAM! The PC is working fine now just defragging it.

Thanks again,

Matt

Hey Mat would it be worth pairing up the rams as DDR333 running with DDR400 don't look or sound good to me, I looked it up on google and It says it should be OK but doesn't it put strain on the DDR400 ram having to drop down to DDR333 speed. I know ram are backward compatible thats fine in my book when there both the same spec but 333 with 400 hmmm don't like it personally.

Yeah I thought the same so I tried the DDR400 on it's own and it still gave errors, so I think it could of been a combination of confliction and a bad stick causing it.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom