Why is windows STILL running slow ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's supposed to be like that when your PC is idle. Basically it's just accounting for unused CPU power.
That means that nothing is eating up your CPU power though, so the problem is not that something is running in the background. Have you checked a HijackThis log?

Did you uninstall Live OneCare to see if it made any difference?

As freestyler105 has said it's not a process, but it may be a service.

Live OneCare is installed as a service isn't it?

I think so. But I don't think thats the problem. LiveOnecare takes up 94.37mb and uses a small amount of resources to function.

You wouldn't happen to know the manufacturer of your hard drive would you?

Just for kicks, and to eliminate hard-ware problems I would want to run diagnostics on your hard drive. Find out the manufacturer of your drive (would be written right on top of it) and go to their site for a diagnostic tool.

I already ran the disk cleanup tool a billion times.

I AM SAD. WINDOWS IS STILL RUNNING SLOW. PEOPLE ON HERE HAVE TRIED THIER BEST TO HELP ME AND NOTHING.

Thanks everyone for your efforts but i think we should probably discontinue this manner on account of my theoretical concurrence with this audiance that there is nothing I can do.

NO !!! NO SIR !! You may not run diagnostics test on my hard drive for your own pleasure.

It's not for my own pleasure (Which makes saying "for kicks" kinda bad on my part, sorry), It was to eliminate your hard drive as the problem. A failing HDD can cause slowness.

Na its ok. I just had a break down there for a second. But I will try Trend Micro as requested by the post above mine and that will be it. If I don't find any viruses then my 1 year old computers a piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom