reformating

4fingerninja

In Runtime
im sorry but i have just got a virus on my hard drive and dont have the discs and i think im going to have to reformat it so can anyone help

sorry for such a newbie question

thanks a lot
joe

you can go back to a safe point on your hard drive and then get avg virus scan for free they aslo have a anti spyware and rootkit. idk if you have a windows xp or vista disc but if you do you can put that in and redo it all you need is the disc for your motherboard but if you know which one you have you can go to the manufactors website and get the drivers.

Try Spybot or NOD32 trial version to see if that removes it and run the AV in safe mode like Sek3o1 mentioned, you might need to turn off your system restore as well till you have removed the virus then turn it back on.
As you don't have the OS disc's a reformat is out of the question but you should get an Image program and back up you drive so if you do run into problems you have a back up OS.(NO FORMATTING NECESSARY)

I recommend you get Windows Live Oncare. The free trial lasts for three months and it's teh pWn20rz. And about the reformatting. You can system restore.

You could goto MS update and download there malicious tool and see if that removes it, what virus is it you have? we might be able to get you a fix

Back
Top Bottom