L1 and L2 Cache Questions?

ummmm does that make sense?

Do u mean the AMDs Dual Core CPUs run a little cooler but compared to wat the C2D

Core 2 Duos are some of the coolest running CPUs.
AMD's Athlons/Opterons are probably next.
Then the Pentium 4s, which run relatively hot.

Core 2 Duos are some of the coolest running CPUs.
AMD's Athlons/Opterons are probably next.
Then the Pentium 4s, which run relatively hot.

I would say the prescot p4's run hot but the northwods , older types run super cool

yeah i believe so . but it depends on what core it is seeing as prescot runs a lot lot hotter then northwood . i have a cooler designed for prescot on my northwod core and it keeps it uber chilled although i dont have a ht edition

You can't think of a processor as heat alone. You need to see how much work it can do relative to the power that it consumes. Thus you have performance to watt ratio. And Core 2 Duos by far have the best performance to watt ratio right now. Athlon 64 X2s are up next.

You can't think of a processor as heat alone. You need to see how much work it can do relative to the power that it consumes. Thus you have performance to watt ratio. And Core 2 Duos by far have the best performance to watt ratio right now. Athlon 64 X2s are up next.

Agreed.

QFT.

I have heard this as well...but...now I NEED HELP!! lol ...im picking a cpu out for a friend and the max hes spending is 185 on a cpu...so tell me...what is better...

1) High Performance, low power consumption, cool-running Intel c2d 6420 @ 2.13ghz but for a massive price tag of $186

2) A Great performance, high power consumption, hotter-running AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ or 6000+

Help me decide!! I was in the bleepingcomputer forum and i've been hearing good things about amd, but i knew that there was great stuff about intel as well, and i found that here, so i wanna know what you all think!!!

I have heard this as well...but...now I NEED HELP!! lol ...im picking a cpu out for a friend and the max hes spending is 185 on a cpu...so tell me...what is better...

1) High Performance, low power consumption, cool-running Intel c2d 6420 @ 2.13ghz but for a massive price tag of $186

2) A Great performance, high power consumption, hotter-running AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ or 6000+

Help me decide!! I was in the bleepingcomputer forum and i've been hearing good things about amd, but i knew that there was great stuff about intel as well, and i found that here, so i wanna know what you all think!!!
You should've started your own thread...but the 6000+ is probably a little better. If he's going to overclock though, get the Core 2 Duo.

Back
Top Bottom