laptop siezing up with WoW

Tweak

In Runtime
hey recently (3 months or so now) my computer has been having FPS spikes for about 5 seconds every 15 seconds or so....fps is great normally then for this 5 seconds it goes down to 4 and even 0 if there is a lot going on in the game....ive reformatted, so it cannot be viruses or anything and my system specs well cover the reqs for this game to run smoothly....any ideas on what might be causing this?

Have you tried different versions of drivers, or have you just gone out after the reformats and just gotten the new ones?

If you have tried older and/or newer drivers, I would start by testing RAM. go out and get memtest and let it run for about four hours. If it errors out, you got one or more bad sticks of ram.

would it be possible for a good stick of ram to go bad? cuz it used to be working fine....and yea ive been using the latest drivers

run memtest on the ram if you want. any errors on the sticks and return them. 99.99% of ram has a lifetime warrenty because ram is so durable.

Whats the specs? Have a look in task manager at the performance tab and see if anything is running at its limit.

Your computer is telling you to go outside, smell the fresh air and get a life. :p

Joking aside, it could be the drivers. If you ran the memtest and it worked fine, the RAM should be okay. You could also try reinstalling the game. Theres always a chance that something got corrupted during installation.

Well, if it restarted durring memtest, there is some sort of hardware issue. It's not in windows so we can eliminate drivers from the issue.

I would put my money on RAM. Is it possible for you to try a new stick of RAM in your computer?

hmmm....that seems to be the best diagnosis atm....ill try to run memtest again and see if i can see the results this time without my computer restarting >_> oh and my friend pointed out today that my computer siezes up while doing other things on the computer besides games....but it is a lot more subtle

Back
Top Bottom