Dell Inspiron Doesn't Turn 'ON; ???

supercoupe007

Beta member
Hello guys/gals, I am new and need some seriuos help. I have a Dell Inspiron 9100. When I press the power button the lights turn 'on' for about 5 seconds and then turn off. I thought it was the AC adapter (part #N3834 150W) so I purchased a refurbished unit. I received the new AC adapter and it still does the same thing. I borrowed my neighbors AC adapter and it still does the same thing. Oh yeah and the Battery doesn't hold any charge, I know I have to buy a new one, but dont want to unless I know I can save this computer. any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks...
:(

Dell 9100 is a laptop, well then u should charge the battery and try it and if the problem continues its better to buy a new battery or take it to a computer mechanic

better to buy a whole new lappy really batterys are expensive for older laptops i have no idea how old that one is so you might have to get it off ebay or something.

Vipul::: The main battery (G1947) is the one that doesn't hold charge. The battery hasn't kept charged for a few months but it still worked with the AC adapter. I wanted to see if maybe there was something else that needed to be fixed, but I guess I should try replacing that one and the back-up battery just to be on the safe side.

Rudster816::: I have looked at ebay, and the battery are going for +$90. I guess I am gonna have to bite the bullet and gamble on if the battery (G1947) fixes my problem.

If anyone has had any experience with anything like this, please share your two cents..
Thanks...

Theres no need to buy new batteries until the problem can be figured out and if it can be solved, laptops will run without a battery when they are plugged into the AC adapter. AS for the problem I'm no expert with laptops so I can't help much, but I would recomend taking the battery out(if it isn't already) unplugging it from the AC adapter, and holding the power butong for 10 seconds, plug it back into the wall and see if thats helps any.

hascet:::: I removed the battery pack and unplugged the AC adapter and pressed the power button for 10 seconds. When i pressed and held the power button the lights turned on for less than a second and turned back off. Then I plugged the AC adapter back in, and pressed the power button again, but still did the same thing. Lights turn on for around 5 seconds and then turn off...
:(

Where the adapter plugs into the laptop, is that loose? More like, when the adapter is plugged in, can you jiggle it around easily? If you can, the connection to your motherboard is bad. It would be more cost effective for you to buy a new laptop.

celegorm::: I tried the plug and it doesn't appear to be loose. It seems there is a tight fit. I dont know much about computers, but its kinda weird to me, that the lights come on for about 5 seconds and then they turn off, dunno if that means anything, :confused:

Back
Top Bottom