i have a question about vista

Gateway_gtxxxxx

In Runtime
so my uncle bought the vista home premium upgrade and installed it on his computer, is it possible for me to upgrade using the same disc and code, or it would not go through?

It's possible, but not legal. Only one computer can use the key that came with it at a time. I'm sure it would work for a while, but if MS finds out they could do anything from lock down both computers, to fining you.

They won't go looking for you... probably.

You can try out a... wait what is the word for it?... cvack... I know of at least one that works.

If its OEM then no, if its retail then give it a go.

I thought Retail couldn't be on two computers at the same time. I know you can uninstall it on one and put it on another, but I didn't think two at once.

Vista uses different encryption or activation thingys. I tried getting one retail onto two computers, and it didnt work out at all.

They keep a file of how many activations you do. You can get two activation within three months of purchase, then the records are reset. It has to be first unistalled, then installed on a diff computer though. If you max out your activations, then you can just call them and tell them that you fried your mobo.

Or you can just use a cvack.

Vista uses different encryption or activation thingys. I tried getting one retail onto two computers, and it didnt work out at all.

They keep a file of how many activations you do. You can get two activation within three months of purchase, then the records are reset. It has to be first unistalled, then installed on a diff computer though. If you max out your activations, then you can just call them and tell them that you fried your mobo.

Or you can just use a cvack.
Yeah, i personally havent tried coz ive got tons of licences lol;)

Back
Top Bottom