More Ram

MNI-SmellyCakes

In Runtime
Hi, I'm just wondering, before I buy the RAM, how much in your opinion or personal experience it will actually speed up my computer.

These are my specs:

HP Pavilion 725n model

2.00GHz
AMD Athlon 2400+ processor
512MB of RAM
nVidia GeForce4 MX
80 GB Hardrive
Windows XP Home Edition

Currently the ammount of ram is 512MB (2x256). I plan on taking one of those out, and replacing it with a 512MB stick, making it 768MB of ram, approximetely, I think.

Just wanted your input, first. Thanks!

That will prolly speed it up a little bit depending on what os you are using . It would be sped up even more if you put 2 512modules in there

Id go for 512 for now that should do it, its a laptop computer you have, not sure what the max capacity of ram is for that but a full gig should be plenty,
crucial ram is good so have a look here for some http://www.crucial.com/

Anymore than 1GB for XP is a waste.................if you have Vista then 2GB is preferred.

i would agree if you are planning on doing stuff like word and internet but if you plan anything heavy like dvd rendering,gaming or video editing etc then 2gb would be much prefered

Well, my motherboard can only hold 1GB of ram, but i have a crap GFX card anywho, so i cant do the whole hardcore gaming, thats what my other computer is for, but as far as gaming goes, i only play a game called savage...but thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom