Favorite Genre of Music

I like how you put that. Personally, I hate rap, with the exception of a few songs. Honestly, Nelly is the only good rapper in my opinion. All the other stuff i hear is all about drugs, violence, and sex, but not his. That's what I like about Rock, it is about so many things, not just the terrible threes from rap.

Well, I won't disagree with you because yes, Rap is mostly about the bad stuff. However, Most of it is not promoting it, if you were to listen to the lyrics, a lot of rap actually condones that sort of behavior. Eminem was big on the subject, and he constantly kept telling his listeners that living like a rapper is nothing special, etc..

I want to make the point that if there was no rap music, the kids who listen to it religiously would be out on the streets killing and shooting up, so it is doing a lot of good.

Well, I won't disagree with you because yes, Rap is mostly about the bad stuff. However, Most of it is not promoting it, if you were to listen to the lyrics, a lot of rap actually condones that sort of behavior. Eminem was big on the subject, and he constantly kept telling his listeners that living like a rapper is nothing special, etc..

I want to make the point that if there was no rap music, the kids who listen to it religiously would be out on the streets killing and shooting up, so it is doing a lot of good.

I won't say much more, so we don't hijack this thread, but around here, that's all that rap is about on our radio stations, and all the kids who listen to it religiously are involved in one illegal thing or another. Could just be an area thing though.

I would not consider rap on the radio good rap at all. Especially that Lip Gloss song...ugh. Some of it's not bad, but most is.

Anyway, my favorite rapper is probably Jay-Z. He knows that he's gotta make his songs pop-esque to be successful, but at the same time he talks about meaningful stuff. Eminem is another good one, but he's not so popular.

I honestly, like many of you on here, really love as many different varieties as I can get to. 90% of the time, when I'm listening to something it's complimenting my mood at the moment. Like last night I was really into the deep south Blues, but this morning I was listening to Techno/Hip-Hop stuff off the Transformers soundtrack. I dig, classical, rock, metal, jazz, swing, blues, reggae, funk, rap, hip-hop, techno...and other side forms really. It just depends on my mood is the main thing.

But freestyler105, you're right...95% of the time, that "rap" on the radio isn't rap...it's over commercialized hip-hop gone in the wrong direction.

I would not consider rap on the radio good rap at all. Especially that Lip Gloss song...ugh. Some of it's not bad, but most is.

Anyway, my favorite rapper is probably Jay-Z. He knows that he's gotta make his songs pop-esque to be successful, but at the same time he talks about meaningful stuff. Eminem is another good one, but he's not so popular.

I believe he still has the record for most selling album lol, not that popular... :D

Lots of people really dislike him though. He's extremely loved by some, extremely hated by others.
If you are talking about eminem well tbh i dont hate him but i dont love him either its so so , i know a lot of his music is talking about his family and his experiences in life .I dont realy listen to rap but he is a better rapper than all the rest cos what he is rapping about is real stuff that has happened and not blasting ppl away with guns and having sex with hundreds of random women like some other rappers . I dont realy listen to rap but my parents have loads of eminem and i dont mind them playing it and some of his songs are kinda moving so ther is something he has that other rappers just dont . Another thing he aint scared of saying things that are contravertial and touchy subjects for some people . and thats why so many people hate him cos he says it how it is .

ALso i hate people that go around saying oh no eminem i hate him he should be banned . Its pretty simple stuff tbh if you dont like it you dont listen to it come on people how hard is that .
I hate people generaly in life who dont agree with stuff like films and books etc and so call for it to be banned when they have a choice of reading listening etc i just think they are retarded . I also hate people who say it should be banned cos children could hear it what a load of bs honestly if you let your child here it your problem

If you are talking about eminem well tbh i dont hate him but i dont love him either its so so , i know a lot of his music is talking about his family and his experiences in life .I dont realy listen to rap but he is a better rapper than all the rest cos what he is rapping about is real stuff that has happened and not blasting ppl away with guns and having sex with hundreds of random women like some other rappers . I dont realy listen to rap but my parents have loads of eminem and i dont mind them playing it and some of his songs are kinda moving so ther is something he has that other rappers just dont . Another thing he aint scared of saying things that are contravertial and touchy subjects for some people . and thats why so many people hate him cos he says it how it is .
Yep, exactly. Eminem is one of my favorite artists for those reasons. As for music and such being banned, well there's other ways to get it ;)

Back
Top Bottom