Best GPS Navigation system?1

^Ya, I love that feature, if you need anything like shopping places, food, gas, hotels, campgrounds, parks you can just go to that section on the GPS, its great.

OMG, now I hear that TomTom is working with Eclipse to have the first aftermarket "in-dash" GPS system. It's basically an aftermarket radio (like.. the AVICs) but with a TomTom attached. Of course, you can leave it there or take it out with you and it becomes a portable nav system (think of it like a removeable faceplate).

For TomTom, there is either a RDS traffic antenna (not yet available in the US) or you can get traffic via your cellphone (GPRS then bluetooth to the TomTom) and for now, it's free til November.

Not only does it tell you traffic (and the delay), it'll tell you what *type* of traffic jam it is.. whether it's simply heavy traffic, road construction, lane closure, accident etc. It'll also give road conditions (snow, fog, wind). I don't think Garmin can do that.....man this one's going to be good. But the cost will probably be in the thousands, lol.

Just watch. Garmin is one of the top GPS manufacturers in the market. While others play games with the TomTom, the pros use Garmin.

Back
Top Bottom