Stamps gone up again!!!!

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
I haven't used stamps in over a year because all my transactions are done online. Now that I'm subscribing to "Fortune" magazine, I'm forced to use the old "snail mail" system to mail my check in their enclosed envelope. I was asking one of my roommates if I could borrow a stamp and he doesn't have any either because stamps have gone up again and he got fed up with the USPS system for raising prices every other month (frustrated exaggeration).

Apparently, they are 41 cents now!!!!! OMG, what a huge difference since when I used stamps at 25 cents each. No wonder people are moving away from the mailing system and doing everything online these days.

That actually is. Especially when you buy them in rolls, which most people do. No one just buys individual stamps for specific purposes. You buy rolls or sheets of them for whenever you need them.

Yes, exactly. They all add up, but I just found a way to pay online without having to register. Haha, USPS isn't getting a single penny out of me.........It just seems like yesterday, it was only 39 cents and now, poof, 41 cents. I have no clue when this change took place, but it seems like rates are going up really, really fast now. Next thing you'll know, 45 cents!!!

....and for those people still using stamps, don't you just hate getting those 1 cent stamps?

In the UK we can buy little books of stamps (stickyback aswell). The good thing about them is that if i buy a book now and then they go up in price, mine are still valid to use. So i just buy a few books at a time.:)

In England 1st class are going up to 30p, [around 30 cents] so yeah, 40 cents is expensive!!

I do have to give USPS a break though. Their shipping of packages are still cheaper than UPS or FedEx. So woohoo, thank goodness for USPS!!!!! Even if the stamps continue to go up...

UPS is the bomb in conjunction with newegg. $5 for most items for guaranteed 3 day shipping. Sometimes comes in 2 days. They used to use FedEx for the same price, which I actually prefer, but apparently FedEx raised their prices.

Back
Top Bottom