Best GPS Navigation system?1

I'm not sure what model ours is, it came with the car. I know you have to pay for new maps though. We haven't had to update it though, it knows pretty much everywhere we go.

It takes about 2-3 seconds to recalculate the route though.

That sucks how you have to pay just to download updated maps. Man, I hate that. But using the Nav system is free right? No monthly subscriptions?

In California, they're ALWAYS building new streets with new commercial buildings, malls, restaurants, etc., and towns are expanding outwards into the deserts!!!!

My dad has one that talks to you it has all of New york state on it and it works great i think its magellan its pretty pricey though but we have never gotten lost with it

My dad has one that talks to you it has all of New york state on it and it works great i think its magellan its pretty pricey though but we have never gotten lost with it

The newer GPS's have the entire US loaded onto it, maybe even some of Canada, and Mexico to. The older ones you had to load only a few states at a time because it didn't have enough internal memory.

OMG, check this one out!!!! Latest and greatest Nav system coming this August!!!!

TomTom GO 720
http://www.tomtom.com/news/category.php?ID=4&NID=367&Lid=4

4703-tomtomgo720copy.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqBtb7RTyOk

This thing looks slick. Very thin and has voice recognition too. Plus it's accurate and fast.

TomTom's are okay. I guess they've improved, but the first TomTom's sucked.

I like Garmin and Magellan. They're a bit expensive, but they SOOO good. Especially Garmin.

Once this gets put in, no more Google Earth, MapQuest, Yahoo Maps, and all the rest. Directions on the fly, man that's going to save time.

Once this gets put in, no more Google Earth, MapQuest, Yahoo Maps, and all the rest. Directions on the fly, man that's going to save time.
It does. Another useful thing is that they contain (or at least mine does..) basically preset destinations. So if you don't know the area you're in, and you need a gas station or a restaurant...

Back
Top Bottom