Copy protection software

Rogued

Baseband Member
Hi was hoping that it could be possible to design a little program that stops coping of your dvd's'' have searched the internet but couldn't find anything though.my friends and i have a side business where we video tape events. We have a high school rugby event coming up and although we are doing everything to stop the coping of our dvd if will probably happened. I am thinking of something that displays a watermark that says copyright reserved to blah blah rather that just a error message here' if any 1 can help or point me in the right direction.thanks in advange.

Your idea sounds fine and well for visual appeal, but when somebody gets physical access to one of your dvds; if it is just that, a normal dvd, there is almost no way of protecting yourself from it being copied.

-Sam

Just a side suggestion...

Prevent the DVD from being able to run in a PC altogether... May help *NOT PREVENT* it from being copied...

Some people do this and its quite difficult to copy.

Just something I thought I'd suggest.

-Xylex

I have a friend who does what you want by opening the the film up with ISO Buster or something like that and removing or editing a certain file so his films can not be copied but alas I don't know which file he takes out.

There are also certain programs the burn some code that has a mind of its own.
It analyzes the Player the disc Is put into and is able to tell weather its in a computer or DVD player.

Hi blackjack,will you be able to find out what file your friend takes out? I have heard about it but didn't think that it actually will work. Thanks in advance. Edit. ISO buster is a dvd file recovery tool.ask him how he uses that? And for the software that let the dvd behave weird in a pc i couldn't find any. If any 1 can point me the right direction?

If you just use DVD Decrypter or XCopyDVD, I'm pretty sure it'll circumvent any copy protection. Never failed for me at least...

Anyway, the pirates/crackers will always find a way around copy protection methods. It's just a matter of time.

Back
Top Bottom