New Theme

Status
Not open for further replies.
would be nice but not essential as raffaz said the content matters
also i wouldnt bother now as david has enough on his plate with sorting the db errors out . There is no point having a nice theme if the database is constantly going off

Indeed, but some usewrs rather loks at the graphical side rather than the contents. Well, I'd say two new themes:

1-As our standard (THe one we use)
2-Light eye-candy
3-Dark Eye-candy

Not too bothered, but it would be nice to have that option enabled where each user picks their own theme.
With respect, you've been a member a long time, & I think you know it might not happen, It was re-vamped a while back, & most of us liked what we got, the idea of all of us picking what we'd like seems, on the surface a good idea, but it would be a logistic nightmare I think, squabbles & arguments galore, if a thread on this comes to pass, I for one will not come near it, members like yourself & a few others will get on fine together, working out how to present your case, getting little things sorted, that'll be for the first 48 hours, then, full of genuinely good intentions, many others will join in, sorry, but it'll become another tower of babel, one solution is to nominate a mod as chairperson [not me] who would run it like a committee, no poll, just get down to it, & bar anyone who acts silly, making wisecracks all the time & coming up with mad unworkable suggestions, but as I said it's a good idea, but it has to be undertaken seriously.

I think you misunderstand his suggestion.

user selectable themes would only affect that user, not the whole site.

User selectable themes would be a good solution for everyone, the average user gets the simple theme you see now, but people who have been apart of the site longerand know how everythign works can change it to what they want.

Haha, that is right dude_se.

A new theme would be something to take our minds away from the DB errors. This way we would still be getting DBEs, but the theme would be more interesting.

It would be an improvement, unless of course it takes time away from fixing the errors.

yea. it would give people an incentive to stay. i mean why would people want to stay here when its constantly not working (db errors, white screens, etc),has an out dated theme, etc. for some people (including me) they prefer a good community instead of the perks but not everyone is like this, and the db errors are damn right annoying

plz, lets make CF more eye catching for new users and ourselves, a sleek liquidy black theme would look cool. it alsowouldnt hurt to have more sections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom