Best GPS Navigation system?1

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Title says it all. Which manufacturer have the most reputable and reliable nav system for cars?

Hmmm it's interesting to see that after all this time, the forum is still experiencing problems with the database. I tried to post a poll, but didn't go through and making threads is still hard to come by (hence, that number 1 in the subject line). It would say duplicate thread, but where is it? Strange.

But here is what you guys can choose from:

TomTom
Garmin
Magellan
Other....(please specify)

There was no way I'm paying $3,000+ for an OEM Nav system for my car. I feel these aftermarket systems are just as capable with voice commands too.

Oh man, all those sites point to Garmin as being the best, lol. I also have the same poll going on elsewhere and it's all mixed. A lot of people on one forum swears by Magellan being the best while other forums say Garmin is number one. The website review show Garmin as number one so hmmm. Very few people acknowledge TomTom. They're slick looking too but I guess all the other nav systems have more feature and more accessories, that's why.

Does it take long to refresh the bearings if you went the wrong way? I know on some nav systems, it takes awhile to refresh and recalculate where you are and where you're suppose to go.

What model Garmin do you have? Does it have voice commands too?

I have a Garmin c330 and after an update it takes a few seconds for it to recalulate after you make a wrong turn.

Just my luck. My battery is running at 10%. There goes my time for internet surfing for nav systems. I'lll look into your model too. I hate the long wait to recalculate directions so I like one that's really fast. No wait if possible.

Well, We have a TomTom Go Europe. It's Nice! Doesnt take long to re-calculate route's either..

Just my luck. My battery is running at 10%. There goes my time for internet surfing for nav systems. I'lll look into your model too. I hate the long wait to recalculate directions so I like one that's really fast. No wait if possible.

Well, the c330 is an older verion(atleast 2 years). Todays GPs's are probably even better.

TomTom's are suppose to be very popular in Europe, especially in the UK. Their main website has the British pounds. The TomTom One is the one I like the most for that particular manufacturer.

Also, how are you guys getting updated maps? Do you have to pay for the service or can you download them for free (sort of like Windows Updates)?

(OMG, this forum has spell check now)!!!

Back
Top Bottom