monitor problems :0

shagadelicman1

In Runtime
this is wat makes me hate pc's, i am geting a black screen saying no preset, no sync, oo.ookhz....grrrrrr, i #$$%# ing hate this, i have tried 3 monitors already and 2 grpahics cards, and

Have you tried a different video card?

{edit} opps yes you have. Do you get any signal durring post, or no video what-so-ever?

Have you changed the bios from the integrated, to the PCI/AGP video card? Sometimes when people install new video cards they forget to let the BIOS know, and everything goes sh*t crazy.
Edit*

Plug the monitor into your integrated, then reply with any error. Then do the same with the video card. If neither works, and you have tried several different monitors with different video cards, chances are good it's your mobo.

Try RAM that you know is good in your system, with a known good video card. If this does not solve the problem, throw in a known good power supply as well.

If did all of that, and you still have no video, you have yourself a bad motherboard.

Just as a side note, this is all assuming you haven't added anything new to your computer and/or moved the mother board around and possibly caused a short.

Just one more thing. Try a different monitor cable if its a seperate one and not built in.

oo ok, the bios sounds like sumthing to look into, can u tell me more about how to make sure my bios knows, cause i cant get into the menu, its just wen i turn on the comp the monitor doesnt recognize the comp at all

Back
Top Bottom