what is my motherboard

kisho

Solid State Member
i have a compaq d300v 1.4Ghz computer, and my mother board is gone, so i have to either find a replacement for the mother board, or i might buy a barebone kit from tigerdirect and build it from there, but now i want to know what is my mother board? and is it better to replace the motherboard or buy a barebone kit

Well obviously better to buy a new motherboard . and prolly cheaper .
Take the cpu out and see what cpu socket there is , then look on ebay for a motherboard with the same socket type and ram support

well wont i have complication of the size of the mother board and if it will fit perfectly in my case? thats what i was thinking abt? plus i want to get a more powerfull comp,

Well aslong as that case is atx or micro atx standard a new mobo should fit in ok

or maybe building a new one would be a better option and then selling what you have there on ebayor another way .
if yo post a budget and usage then we can advise a suitable rig to build

ok guys, i cant afford to build another computer, so i guess i have to replace my motherboard, so far i found out that the socket for my MOBO is socket370so i went on ebay, i couldnt find the exact match for my MOBO, what should i do?

Well aslong as that case is atx or micro atx standard a new mobo should fit in ok

or maybe building a new one would be a better option and then selling what you have there on ebayor another way .
if yo post a budget and usage then we can advise a suitable rig to build
It probably won't be ATX. Most prebuilt computers are not.

Anyway, contact Compaq to see if you can get a replacement motherboard. If not, then you'll probably have to get a new case as well as a new motherboard.

ok breakthrough. i found the spare part number for the mother board, and the number is....262275-001, and also i found a ebay seller who is selling the exact model and its 94.99. thanks for the help guys. i guess i'll have to make do with the replacement part

Back
Top Bottom