UK Car Insurance..

Your probably better off using some of the online ones where they compare different companies for ya.

Yeah, that's what I did, I used confused.com, the lowest being £2000, and the highest being £4000.

Wellits prolly so expensive seeing as you are a young driver . We are in rusholme . although near enough as makes no difference to moss side and my dad has 7 years no claims with my mum as a named driver on the insurance and they pay around £400 for a 1.3 fiesta with swintons i will double check that tomorrow but i am pretty sure they pay £33 a month

Yeah my mum pays £150 a year for her 1.6 Turbo Peugeot.. its £5000 for me to get insured in that!

Mine's about £3500, but that's because it's a Merc [not boasting, just a fact] I have nine years protected no claims bonus, luvly!!

£3500, are you sure, especially considering your age, and you have 9 years no claims..

Admiral are quite good, give them a try. Do you have any no claims? How long have you had a license for?

No, just started, got my provisional at the moment, and start intensive driving lessons on monday..

£3500, are you sure, especially considering your age, and you have 9 years no claims
I've paid it mate, I had no choice, ahhhh, what the hell, I have two very good pensions, I can afford it, I wanted some luxury, I reckon that I have about nine more years to live, & it's true, you can't take it with you, at least my no claims should last me out!, ha ha.

I've paid it mate, I had no choice, ahhhh, what the hell, I have two very good pensions, I can afford it, I wanted some luxury, I reckon that I have about nine more years to live, & it's true, you can't take it with you, at least my no claims should last me out!, ha ha.
dont you have a mercedes as well

Did you notice a big increase from your a4 to the merc
About £150, remember, price for price, a new Audi A4 & a new 'A' class Merc cost about the same, whereas a Merc comparable in size to an A4 is around £15,000 more.

for a young driver, quinn direct is the best..

im paying £1,700 a year on a BMW 316i with two non fault claims.. on a fiesta you should be able to get around a grand or so.. give quinn a go, i found them to be a hell of alot cheaper than everyone else i tried..

i prefer to go for older cars.. with a new car you throw away several grand as soon as you drive out the forecourt.. mine is M reg, '95.. and its a smooth runner :)

edit.. woah.. they saw you coming maurice.. that is taking the piss! 3 and a half grand?? i was getting quotes for less than that on a 2.5l bmw 3 series.. and im 19 with two non fault claims.. that is insane..

for a young driver, quinn direct is the best..

im paying £1,700 a year on a BMW 316i with two non fault claims.. on a fiesta you should be able to get around a grand or so.. give quinn a go, i found them to be a hell of alot cheaper than everyone else i tried..

i prefer to go for older cars.. with a new car you throw away several grand as soon as you drive out the forecourt.. mine is M reg, '95.. and its a smooth runner :)

it wasnt me that wanted the insurance it was joxley and he wanted a metro .

And about the older cars i agree . my parents own a fiesta K reg so it would be 93 afaik , and the engine runs real smooth , seeing as it has only done 33k mles one previous lady owner who kept it garaged and used it for work and thats it . she also kept reciepts for everything including abrand new exhast and tyres and all sorts . Only bad thing is the brakes which need looking at . They want something bigger tho , prolly a focus or an older astra i dunno what they wanna do tho tbh its up to them
i wouldnt mind a fiesta when i learn to drive , one thing that i like is they are pretty cheap to repair , even if something major goes on them

aah sorry.. i saw fiesta and kinda zoned in on that.. a 1.1 metro shouldnt be too bad either, mine has 150k miles on it, and still runs real smooth.. the only thing that needs doing is a sensor changing for the ABS, nothing wrong with the ABS, just a dodgy sensor.. that will need doing eventually, just cause the light is annoying me.. lol..

focus's are very nice cars.. my dad has one, he also works for ford, and worked on the development for the focus.. they are nice cars :)

My insurance is like around the £700 mark on my nissan micra and has been going down and never changed when I passed my test too but I'm on my mams insurance but I get my no claims bonus also and I'm with direct line :D

Back
Top Bottom