Broadband

I very rarely d/load anything, & what the heck is "bad usage??"

What I meant was the IPS put a usage limit on most broadband packages usually the faster they are the more limit they put on, e.g. download limit, I'm on unlimited, also they don't like you getting big files at peek times so usually have the Fair Usage Policy in place as well.

yea. bad useage is downloading an excessive amount each month, downloading lots of files (and p2p and stuff), especially during peak times. as long as you download a fair amount and arnt a massive uploader then you should never have problems, i never do

If your not sure of your speed just goto one of the speed test sites, there are lots of them on google and run one.
router properties would be so much easier, but this would work, just close any downloads/other browser windows or the speed will be inaccurate

yea. bad useage is downloading an excessive amount each month, downloading lots of files (and p2p and stuff), especially during peak times. as long as you download a fair amount and arnt a massive uploader then you should never have problems, i never do

I don't have any problems either Dude_se, I keep to "little and often" as they say and hardly ever at all between 6-11pm (Tiscalis fair usage policy)

router properties would be so much easier, but this would work, just close any downloads/other browser windows or the speed will be inaccurate

The test are never identical anyway as your speed is only a guide, you might get 8mb then a min later it might only be 2 or 3mb thats why they ask you to run it 3-5 times so you can get an average speed.

i download when i want and what i want, but my needs arnt too high, hence i never get problems, so its ok. everyones happy :)
edit: yea, i ran it a few times and got like 700kb/s on one of them and im on 2mb. im fact the closest i got was about 1.3mb/s. although i was downloading (at a slow rate)

Hey Dude check these results out from tiscalis own speed test.
136.55MBPS OR 139810.1KBPS which means I can download at 17.07MB/SEC from there servers.

Hey Dude check these results out from tiscalis own speed test.
136.55MBPS OR 139810.1KBPS which means I can download at 17.07MB/SEC from there servers.
omfg. think of what i could do with 17.07mb/s :eek: ... so much. i can get a full album in minutes at 230kb/s. it would take a few seconds with this speed :D

Don't get to carried away I haven't figured out how to do that my self, only get up to about 400 sometimes unless I'm getting some update or something from well known sites then it goes upto about 600-650. I tried port forwarding my router this morning but it did not work so I gave up after about 40 Min's. I followed the instructions from a website even printed them out but still never sussed it yet.

Back
Top Bottom