MSN 8 and adverts

GlasseyeUK

Daemon Poster
Ok with this latest update for MSN 8. whatever

Does anyone find the way those ads which play movies really annoying because they pop up and then just don't seem to want to go away despite be closing them.

Does anyone know of a way to disable them??

If you're talking about Windows Live Messenger 8.1.0178.00 then you need messpatch, it allows you to remove heaps of stuff including ads.

Mess.be website, home of Messpatch

After posting that I had a thought that you might be referring to MSN Today, the big pop-up, that can be disabled in Tools > Internet options > General tab.

Cheers for that, am trying it out now......and that web page, has to be the most poorly designed sites I have seen.

But +1 for the patch

see my edit above, that site is hard to navigate but I put up with it for messpatch, no more banners, ads or branding, it is worth the agro to get the patch imo

;)

Yep got it all sorted now, freaked me out for a moment there, because the default settings strip everything........

I was like WTF???

But naa its all good, and you got it right first time

glad to help, they're pretty quick with their updates, usually the same day a new messenger version is released.

if you don't want to install 3rd party software you can also block the url in your firewall or use reshack to remove the ad component

Back
Top Bottom