New ratchet and clank!

my friend said there was an emulator, where you put the game in the disk drive and you can play it that way. Is that true, and is there something like that for xbox?

I'm sure with the Xbox you can modify the console and the hard drive so that you can just copy games into the hard drive and play it from there.

my friend said there was an emulator, where you put the game in the disk drive and you can play it that way. Is that true, and is there something like that for xbox?
No, that's completely false. It's basically impossible to emulate a current gen console practically. You might get 4 FPS with the thing crashing all the time.

I'm sure with the Xbox you can modify the console and the hard drive so that you can just copy games into the hard drive and play it from there.
Yes, you can do that, I've done it. You put in a modchip or use a softmod, and install an alternate dashboard like EvolutionX. This allows you to FTP into your Xbox's hard drive. You can also put in a new hard drive to hold more games. Xbox Media Center is another dashboard you can use, it's great, you can store DVDs and pictures and music on your Xbox.

The other way is to rip Xbox games / DVDs. This works great if you rent lots of games/movies.

I didnt mean xbox 360. But I didnt think you could do that. I've looked for emulators, and couldnt find any. I kind of want to play xbox on my lcd, but just yesterday I found VGA cable boxes for xbox, so I might get one of those.

I didnt mean xbox 360. But I didnt think you could do that. I've looked for emulators, and couldnt find any. I kind of want to play xbox on my lcd, but just yesterday I found VGA cable boxes for xbox, so I might get one of those.
Xbox 360 is considered a next gen console. I was talking about the regular Xbox.

It's not worth playing on your LCD. The resolution of a regular TV is 720x480. That's the resolution you'll be playing at, the regular Xbox doesn't do HD resolutions. So it'll look really bad on your monitor with a native resolution of 1280x1024 or more.

O, I didnt know the xbox was considered a current gen still. Why isnt the 360 considered current gen instead of next gen?
Something that I wonder, is what are the next line of consoles going to be like? The PS4, or xbox 1080(idk what it will be called) or the next nintendo? The wii can improove in graphics, but the 360 doesnt have much more space to go graphics wise, and the PS3, well, it needs a lot of improovement, they coud probably use the same processor in the PS4 tho, lol.

Xbox 360 is considered a next gen console. I was talking about the regular Xbox.

It's not worth playing on your LCD. The resolution of a regular TV is 720x480. That's the resolution you'll be playing at, the regular Xbox doesn't do HD resolutions. So it'll look really bad on your monitor with a native resolution of 1280x1024 or more.

Technically the Xbox 360 is current-gen since all the "next-gen" consoles have been out for a while now.

As for the Xbox on a LCD, its' decent. I'm using a VGA box with my 20.1" monitor and the resolution is a bit off (considering it's 480p), but it's not bad. Still looks pretty good actually.

If you have the money, buy one of the VDigi or Neoya ones. Those actually up the resolution as it's being displayed so it looks really nice. They're a bit expensive and they run out of stock quite often, but they're well worth it if you can get your hands on one.

O, I didnt know the xbox was considered a current gen still. Why isnt the 360 considered current gen instead of next gen?
Something that I wonder, is what are the next line of consoles going to be like? The PS4, or xbox 1080(idk what it will be called) or the next nintendo? The wii can improove in graphics, but the 360 doesnt have much more space to go graphics wise, and the PS3, well, it needs a lot of improovement, they coud probably use the same processor in the PS4 tho, lol.

The Xbox 360 still has tons of potential. Don't think for one moment that the Xbox 360's graphical capabilities are towards the end.

Look at Gears of War...one of the best looking games ever and it doesn't even use half of the 360's power (yes, Epic even stated that).

Back
Top Bottom