Geek squad steals your files

So far, I have built acomputer for one friend, but I did that for free, he paid for the parts, and let me install supreme comander that came with is gfx card on my computer, and he bought me a very expensive 80mm fan, lol, $3. And I havent played supreme comander yet, lol.
But I figure, I wouldnt charge friends a lot of money for a computer build, and good friends, I would do it for free, but maybe in college, I can be a computer techy, lol.

i havent built anyone a computer yet but i would prolly charge no more than $30 to do that . It also depends on how long it takes etc .
I wouldnt do this but another pretty fair syhstem is to charge 10% of the price of the system. So ifthey are building a $500 computer charge them $50 but if it is a $300 computer only charge $30 but i dunno if that would be good cos say they where building a $2000 computer then it would be $200

I haven't met anyone who likes geek squad, whether they know a lot about computers or not. Everyone I know who knows a lot about computers hates them, and everyone who has used them hates them. I'd be happy if they went out of business since they rip people off so much.

Well, goes to show the upside of knowing your way around computers yourself. That's really creepy though how they do things like that.

Personally there is nothing surprising in that article, having never heard of Geek squad, is this just something that is in the US?

It does make me laugh when places like PC world charge inordinate amounts to carry out the most simple procedures.........installing iTunes, what is that about its not exactly difficult. Some people have more money then sense.

Anyway.....no surprise there, and I would be concerned as someone pointed out in the comments in the article if they were stealing bank details etc..

Back
Top Bottom