Custom building your own computer Builders Guide A-Z

Thanks again everybody for the comments. Its amazing 9 months ago when I joined I was posting asking about components and what I should buy. Then it was how to install this and how to setup this and that.

9 months later I can build a computer with my eye's closed.

Ya Ahyoka it took a bit of typing I found it easier to just save it in notepad in each section then just copy paste so it was all up within a few minutes.

Ya the Sticky section is getting a little cluttered. I new we had a guide for overclocking the GPU/CPU I just felt we were missing a big part getting there lol.

I'd have to disagree with you though freestyler anybody that is serious about trying to build there own would probally take the 5 minutes to read through the guide.

I'll just save the link and if anybody is creating a thread about building there own PC i'll post up a link and they can check it out.

^^ well you don't have to save the link since it's on the guide thread. :p
You can just get it from there.

That's the first time I've seen the Corsair Dominator in action. Looks neat with it's own fans. But it is a good starter guide for beginning PC builders. I do mine in different order, but as long as you get the concepts down--they're all good.

For example, the motherboard/case wiring. I do that first before anything else. I have big hands and it's tough for me to wire it in when everything's in the case already. I have the motherboard out sitting on top of the box, really close to the case. Then I open the manual to start the pin connecting process. Once that is done, I put the RAM, CPU, and video card in just for testing purposes. Oh, d'uh, I forgot to mention plugging in the motherboard power cable from the power supply....

Then power on the case. If I get a RAM count, then everything is good to go.

Back
Top Bottom