Broadband

Brookfield

Golden Master
I am now on broadband....about time?, too right!!, I went for Plusnet, the advice I got here was, mmm, roundabout 50/50 if I recall correctly.

Of course all of you will know how fast it is, but it blew me away, wow!!!, one of the best parts was with Google Earth, fed in my postcode & I was able to zoom in on my bungalow & car on the drive, no more damned dialling up
dance.gif

Congrats! broadband is definitely better than dialup, I remember when I got rid of my dialup how excited I was to never have to dial in, and to be able to do whatever I wanted and not have to wait a long time for things to load.

Congrats! broadband is definitely better than dialup, I remember when I got rid of my dialup how excited I was to never have to dial in, and to be able to do whatever I wanted and not have to wait a long time for things to load.
The other thing fhat impresses me is the speed posts that posts are sent, with dial-up the green bars took ages, now I never see them, my guru set it all up in half an hour, including 4 micro-filters 1 to each of my phone connections including Sky, & the speed he got into the case, wow, to him it was like popping the lid off a tube of smarties, the router is cool
coolgleam.gif
it sits atop my case, matt-black with oval, green leds, Voyager 200 ASDL, gets quite warm, while he was here he d/loaded Spy Bot Search & Destroy 1.4, since then I get very little spam, before, I was getting 20 - 30 a day.

You had dial up?! Jeez...how the hell were you able to survive that insane 56k modem dialing tone? For all those years? :eek:

Nice!!! I'm sure you must love it. It's definitely becoming one of those must have services in today's world.

Yeah even on a one meg connection i notice the speed differences . What speed are you on ?

Yeah even on a one meg connection i notice the speed differences . What speed are you on ?
I said to the guy who installed it, wow, that's f-a-a-s-t he said it should be, it's 8 gig, or was it 80?, would that be it?, I'll get back to you, I've got some literature on it I think.

if it was 80gb id have to come and live with you :D ... im still on 2mb even after threatening BT with switching isp. w***ers! lol

Back
Top Bottom