Im going to buy a hard drive

jesussmurf

Baseband Member
my old one went bad
How do i choose a hard drive ? are they all the same ?
my comp is a 1.2 gz speed and i only need it to play counter strike source

A hard drive can have many different features.

For example, is your motherboard capable of using IDE, or SATA?
IDE are those thick ribbons usually.

Speeds can also differ with cheaper hard drives running at 5000 something RPM and average hard drives running at 7200RPM.
Threre are also hard drives capable of running at 10,000RPM, but that is overkill for what you want :p

Basically, the faster the platter can spin, the faster the data transfers, etc, though other things come into account, like the cache.

Size is also another issue. I suggest something along the lines of 120-250GB which will probably last you a good while in storage.

So, an IDE or SATA hard drive with at least 120GB of storage running at 7200RPM.

Makes of hard drives differ also, from Maxtor, Seagate, Western Digital to name a few.

Well before we can chose wat hard drive to get we need some Specs of your computer and how much space u want (in Gbs)
And not to get off topic but isnt a 1.2Ghz CPU a bit slow to play that game on great settings?

Well before we can chose wat hard drive to get we need some Specs of your computer and how much space u want (in Gbs)
And not to get off topic but isnt a 1.2Ghz CPU a bit slow to play that game on great settings?

it may be 2 gigs im not sure, they game runs pretty well on it though.

im not sure of the specs,it it just a Gateway computer that cost 700$ a few years ago ,so imagine what kind of hard drive i need.

you are going to have to look inside to see if your current Hard drive uses a small cord or a thick ribbon to connect to ur motherboard

Back
Top Bottom