Where can I buy a Ferrari?

Has anyone ever heard of liquid coal? I heard it is no worse than gas on the environment. And it would not be a great substitution for gas, but it will allow us to drive while things like fusion, or hydrogen are worked out. We dont have gas forever and will run out sometime. Liquad coal will just hold us over until something better.

Diesel is not worse for the environment. Gasoline actually produces more carbon dioxide, leading to more global warming. The bad part about diesel is the soot. Particles that are fine enough can get into your lungs and cause problems.

Diesel motors are efficient than a comparable gasoline engine because diesel fuel has a higher energy content. But the bad thing about diesel is that it takes 25% more oil to make a gallon of diesel compared to gasoline.

Ok, dont tell me you seriously thought I meant 500,000 on one tank of gas!!! Ok, I'm not even going to go into that, but what I mean is the engine should easily be able to last 500,000. Not many cars can do that easily, takes a lot of repairs and whatnot. Diesel is like an oil, so its good for the engine, that makes the engine run longer, gas on the other hand is corrosive, bad for the engine, engine doesnt last as long if it runs off gas, can garuntee that. Also, diesel gets better MPG, sure its not like a fuel efficient car, but how can I go camping if I had a fuel efficient car? And anyway, we were talking about ferraris, those I'm sure are real fuel efficient...

Sheesh, calm down. I was just playing around. Little did I know you would get all butt hurt over it. :rolleyes:

I've heard the Bugatti Veyron is the fastest stock produced car, but I'm not sure. I remember the Mclaren F1 used to be for awhile too.
You're right, diesel is worse for the environment, however they are starting to push biodiesel but I'm not sure how much better it is.

The McLaren F1 used to be the fastest street-legal full production car, now it's the Veyron. Too bad the Veyron looks butt ugly compared to the F1.

The Veyron can go so fast that at top speed (about 253 mph or 407.5 km/h) the tires would blow out after 15 minutes and the fuel would run out after 12.

Just being able to get to top speed requires a special 'Top Speed Key'. You can only use it when the car is stopped and when you plug it in to the driver's left, it checks to see if the car (and driver) are ready to go up to 253 mph. When it is, the rear spoiler retracts, the front air diffusers close and the car's ground clearance drops from 4.9" to 2.6" in order to 'hug' the ground.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lHcfXZbzjA

Yeah, ferraris, with a v12, will poly get like 8 miles to the gallon, lol. Diesel is good, but it is worse on the environment.
Quick question, is the bugatti veyron the fastest stock produced car? I'm just curious, I'm almost sure it is, it can go 250+. I think the fastest one used to be the mclarin f1, but I'm not sure on that either.

Diesel is actually a lot better than gas. In terms of harm done to the environment, it would be a lot better if they had more efficient ways of burning diesel.

Some of Mercedes' latest diesel powered sedans are actually quite fuel efficient and environmentally friendly due to the way the fuel is burned.

But diesel pollution is really bad for people. It can cause premature death by cancer or heart/respiratory disease. In California diesel soot is responsible for 70% of the risk of cancer by airborne pollution.

I'm still convinced that the govt. as well as car companies have the technology to make gasoline nearly obsolete, and roll out something cleaner, cheaper, and more efficient. Of course they won't do it because it's not as profitable to them.
Anyone remember the GM EV1? that was a decent electric car and I think that if GM hadn't cancelled the program due to "lack of profit" (yeah right) there would be plenty of them around. I think it will take a lack of sales big enough to hurt car companies, before something is done. We can't rely on gas forever.

I'm still convinced that the govt. as well as car companies have the technology to make gasoline nearly obsolete, and roll out something cleaner, cheaper, and more efficient. Of course they won't do it because it's not as profitable to them.
Anyone remember the GM EV1? that was a decent electric car and I think that if GM hadn't cancelled the program due to "lack of profit" (yeah right) there would be plenty of them around. I think it will take a lack of sales big enough to hurt car companies, before something is done. We can't rely on gas forever.

I remember some movie about that. "Who Killed the Electric Car?" or something along the lines of that title. :p

But diesel pollution is really bad for people. It can cause premature death by cancer or heart/respiratory disease. In California diesel soot is responsible for 70% of the risk of cancer by airborne pollution.

Yeah, diesel soot is still really bad. Just give it time and it'll be a very good form of fuel.

I remember some movie about that. "Who Killed the Electric Car?" or something along the lines of that title. :p

Yep. It was a very good movie. I'd get an electric car if they made one like the EV1 again. They said the maintenance was low and the reliability was very high since it didn't use a combustion engine. They also said they're easier to work on and you don't get dirty in the process of doing so.

How do they make the electricity that they use? Once we have fusion that will solve a lot I think. Using a little electricity to make a lot right?

Back
Top Bottom