WOOPS :-( Lost

muz

Golden Master
:mad:I cant bloody believe this . I made a real bad cock up the other day , i took my 120gb out of my comp and put it in my friends so i changed the jumper over to slave then when i put it back in my comp it didnt work so i thought it was screwed andut then when i was looking at it the other day i realised it was just the jumper stupid me so i could use it again . This also meant i couldnt get the gpu i was planning to buy :mad: . So now i have a 40gb ide setup as the master as the boot drive and then the 120gb for storage and am waiting for an ide controller to use the 60gb so anyway today i decided to parttion the 120gb into three partitions. And 80gb to store data , then a 20gb to use as my documents and the rest for music . About 12gb so i copies all the data on it , around 28gb to the 40gb then partition it then i copied it back and deleted it off the 40gb then i went to reajust the partition forgetting to put this data back on the 40gb so now all is lost dvd images for scary movie1,2,3 and some family guy . And my music which aint bad as i have a backup no my i pod :) but this realy pissed me off :mad:

that sucks...im never going to do anything fancy to my HDD again. just partition them and use them :p.

why did you put the HDD in your friends computer

that sucks...im never going to do anything fancy to my HDD again. just partition them and use them :p.

why did you put the HDD in your friends computer
This was meant to be simple but i forgot to backup the data again oh well , i can always get them off my friend again

yeahi hate myself now cos there where a few dvd images i was waiting to go to the pc store so i get some dvd;s

and i put in there to get ,60gb dvd images off his comp and this was the quickest way , thats whyi have no dvd's left :D

Uh, why can't you get the GPU?

NO JOB:( = Very limited supply of cash :mad:
and as i thought the hard drive had broke i had to get a hard drive as the system wouldnt function without a hard drive and the money i sppent on a hard drive was for my gpu so logically i got the hard drive . Then after i bought the replacement HD i realised the Orig 120gb hdd was actually fine :mad:
So my lesson is fully test components before deeming them dead

Maybe I didn't catch it in the original post, but I don't think it said you bought a new HDD, which is why I was confused where that came from.

I can spend 10 minutes sometimes trying to figure out various reasons why the PC won't power on, just to find out I forgot to plug it in... So, I've done stuff like that too, though I figured it out before I went out and bought something new for it.

Maybe I didn't catch it in the original post, but I don't think it said you bought a new HDD, which is why I was confused where that came from.

I can spend 10 minutes sometimes trying to figure out various reasons why the PC won't power on, just to find out I forgot to plug it in... So, I've done stuff like that too, though I figured it out before I went out and bought something new for it.

I spent an hour changing a psu over , didnt buy a new one had a spare . noly to find out the fuse in the plug had gone .
and yeah i am kinda pissed now i rushed the purchase of the 40gb

return it...

I as considering that but i bought it from ebay and i dunno i have installed everything on it know . Also the gpu aint a majour thing anymore as i plan an upgrade in the next month or so so it dosent make sense to get an agp gpu just to then get a pci-e 16x mobo

well that does make sense :p. just be patient. ive always lived on the low end forever and im finally getting a good gaming machine :D :D. dont worry your time will come...

how old are you muz? you have got to be pretty young to not have a job

Back
Top Bottom