What do you think ? Upgrades

muz

Golden Master
Ok i am looking for a job and if i get a job heres what i plan to add to my system , I am also planning the same but with only 1gig ram for my parents system which currently has a celeron D in it with 512mb ram so this will be faster
http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...+(AMD)/+MSI+K9MM-V+Socket+AM2?productId=25649 Mother board MSI K9MM-V
Athlon X2 3800 http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...+Athlon+64+X2+3800+Retail+AM2?productId=22851
2 of theese http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...GB+PC5300Samsung++DDR2+667Mhz?productId=26628

i am als drawn to this asus board which is slightly dearer http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...(AMD)/+Asus+M2V-MX+Socket+AM2?productId=25674 mainly cos thuis asus board is rock solid

Anyway toal price is
with msi board is £126.05
with asus board £131.34

The asus board is obviously better cos it has apci x 16 slot .
also i already have a case psu and some hard drives so i plan to use them for know then upgrade bit by bit till i have a new computer
Also I only use the computer for general stuff like internet email and dvd stuff andi just want something that is a lil bit faster then my P4 but for this price i might as well get dual core
Also if you are wondering about dollars it is around double the pund

I noticed they are microATX boards. If you have an ATX case, don't get microATX boards. If you got a microATX case though, makes sense... I would get the ASUS mainly because I've never had a problem with ASUS, but both of my MSI boards I've owned have died.

I noticed they are microATX boards. If you have an ATX case, don't get microATX boards. If you got a microATX case though, makes sense... I would get the ASUS mainly because I've never had a problem with ASUS, but both of my MSI boards I've owned have died.
ok i will note that but i dunno i think a ould be ok seeing micro atx board should be fine seeing as that is what i have now

It wouldn't pose a big problem or anything, but I think you just might as well get an ATX mobo since you have an ATX case, it offers room for more cards anyway. I have a microATX mobo in an ATX case also, but the mobo was originally bought for a microATX case.

It wouldn't pose a big problem or anything, but I think you just might as well get an ATX mobo since you have an ATX case, it offers room for more cards anyway. I have a microATX mobo in an ATX case also, but the mobo was originally bought for a microATX case.

yeah but the only card i will need is a pci ide as the other card i have is sound
also i dont realy mind the micro atx case but i may look into getting a fullsize
definatly going for the asus now as i have also had no problems with this asus

i would get the asus simply because it has pci-e 16x. pci-e is much better than AGP. cant wait till i get my pci-e card :D wish i could have afforded a SLi motherboard though :)

also IMO the Brisbane core is much better than the Windsor. cheaper better OC and 65nm.

i would get the asus simply because it has pci-e 16x. pci-e is much better than AGP. cant wait till i get my pci-e card :D wish i could have afforded a SLi motherboard though :)

also IMO the Brisbane core is much better than the Windsor. cheaper better OC and 65nm.
would that be a 3600 i was actually gonna get that for my parents if they agreed to the upgrade , well i dont plan to overclock it but i may also bear that in mind i prolly wont buying for a month now

makes no sense NOT to OC because it is just such a good value :D on a 30$ cooler and a cheap 55$ motherboard from biostar im running at 2.7. with that asus you could easily reach 3.0 on the same cooler. but if you dont want to pay for the cooler you could get it up to 2.0 which is the speed difference in from the windsor. they have almost the same benchmarks with the 100mhz speed difference. and the 3600+ is cheaper :D

EDIT: i belive i saved 70$ with my OC. i belive the 5200+ is 100$ more :D

makes no sense NOT to OC because it is just such a good value :D on a 30$ cooler and a cheap 55$ motherboard from biostar im running at 2.7. with that asus you could easily reach 3.0 on the same cooler. but if you dont want to pay for the cooler you could get it up to 2.0 which is the speed difference in from the windsor. they have almost the same benchmarks with the 100mhz speed difference. and the 3600+ is cheaper :D

EDIT: i belive i saved 70$ with my OC. i belive the 5200+ is 100$ more :D

Ok if you insist then i will oc mine but my parents just wanna spend £100 so no extra cooler but if the benefits realy are that great why not

you going to be gaming? still havent been able to game at all....WAIT! i just downloaded CSS...wont work on my family computer(wont start:confused:) should purr on this one at 100fps :D :D
EDIT:
going to take ages to get 3.41GB transfered over our network. goes from that computer to our modem to my brothers lappy via wireless from the modem. then from a network bridge to a router then to my computer :(

Back
Top Bottom