Where can I buy a Ferrari?

They may not top that, but the people driving the fuel efficient cars are laughing at the truck drivers because of what they are paying at the pump each time they fill up. I'd rather fill up more and pay a lot less and get more mileage. To me, getting better miles per gallon is better than getting more miles to tank size. I don't even have to fill up every week driving from work and back about 5 days out of the week, I got a 12 gallon tank. Trucks do have their purposes though, you can only do so much off roading in a car, you can only pull so much weight in car, and so on... But trucks shouldn't be driven to work every day unless you were actually using it in your field of work...

Well said.

+

But all that gas saving doesn't do anything for you if you actually need the truck for something, like some people. Unlike my mom who wants an H2 because she likes big SUV's. I tried convincing her to buy a C6 but that didn't work :rolleyes:

Well yeah, it's understandable if you need the truck for your line or work or just pleasure (like towing a boat or or something). But if you're buying a truck simply because you like it or want it for bragging rights, it's rather pointless if you ask me.

As for your mom, why an H2? Of all SUV's you could buy, why a Hummer? Good god...

But all that gas saving doesn't do anything for you if you actually need the truck for something, like some people.

That's what I said... Trucks are great if you need to use them on a daily basis, they tow more, hold more, can go off roading better... But if you don't have to use them for that, don't get one and save yourself the gas money. if you need an every now and then truck, and can't afford to get both a gas saver and a truck, get something like the Ford Ranger, it gets only a little worse mileage than my car (estimated at 28-30), but makes up for it when you gotta tow something...

On a side note, cars still can go off roading to an extent, just don't bring anything new out there... I went out in our pasture yesterday to play out in the mud in our old not-road-worthy car and it didn't get stuck.

Well yeah, it's understandable if you need the truck for your line or work or just pleasure (like towing a boat or or something). But if you're buying a truck simply because you like it or want it for bragging rights, it's rather pointless if you ask me.

You're right. I've seen a lot of people who have them for bragging rights and ego. Since I moved, everyone here has land, and most people have trucks because they need them to do stuff with. My parents have a big SUV because we carry lots of gear and luggage, tow a trailer and take two dogs with us on camping trips. I think that qualifies as using it, we also do a lot of hauling heavy stuff so the SUV is well used. What makes me mad is when people spend 40 grand on an SUV they'll never do anything with, and then trade it in after two years for a bigger one that they'll still do nothing with. I see nothing wrong with small cars, and I actually like some of them. I'll probably wind up with a small, economical car which is fine with me.

Ok, dont tell me you seriously thought I meant 500,000 on one tank of gas!!! Ok, I'm not even going to go into that, but what I mean is the engine should easily be able to last 500,000. Not many cars can do that easily, takes a lot of repairs and whatnot. Diesel is like an oil, so its good for the engine, that makes the engine run longer, gas on the other hand is corrosive, bad for the engine, engine doesnt last as long if it runs off gas, can garuntee that. Also, diesel gets better MPG, sure its not like a fuel efficient car, but how can I go camping if I had a fuel efficient car? And anyway, we were talking about ferraris, those I'm sure are real fuel efficient...

Diesel engines last a very long time. Also they start better in cold weather. Mercedes has a line of Diesels called CDI which are pretty fuel efficient. They also come with a price premium. I'd be perfectly happy if we could get SUVs more fuel efficient, which I'm sure we could do, but the government and auto companies won't do anything about it since they're probably good buddies with oil companies and others who would take a loss from such a thing.
Ferraris are by no means fuel efficient, and probably require premium fuel which is more expensive. To me, buying a sports car that requires premium fuel and gets bad gas mileage is just like wasting money. But I guess if you're rich enough to buy a ferrari, you don't need to worry about that stuff.

Yeah, ferraris, with a v12, will poly get like 8 miles to the gallon, lol. Diesel is good, but it is worse on the environment.
Quick question, is the bugatti veyron the fastest stock produced car? I'm just curious, I'm almost sure it is, it can go 250+. I think the fastest one used to be the mclarin f1, but I'm not sure on that either.

I've heard the Bugatti Veyron is the fastest stock produced car, but I'm not sure. I remember the Mclaren F1 used to be for awhile too.
You're right, diesel is worse for the environment, however they are starting to push biodiesel but I'm not sure how much better it is.

Back
Top Bottom