Is Vista worth getting?

• DirectX 10
  • Much better security
  • Better interface (not just the Aero Glass - there's Flip3D and more)
  • Faster and better search
  • Better bundled apps
  • Easier networking
  • Readyboost
  • DreamScene
  • SideShow

Among many other things.
Ok heres my situation with vista . I dont game on any or either of my pc's except the odd old dos game or somethin like that so i dont need direct x 10 but if you are a hardcore gamer you will want to get vista for direct x 10 after a while
As for the security i didnt notice any difference from xp so that isnt a majout concern fore . Also if there was any majour secirity flaws in xp they woul be patched . Also xp securitycant be that bad cos everyone was happy using it before vista
As for the interface , well the novelty off having a new ui wore off after a while and i dont actually like the interface anymore
I didnt find the search any faaster than in xp at all in fact it may have been slower
Well i dunno about the bundled apps cos iused the lite version but i am sure they aint worth a few hundred dollars

Easier networking well i found the network center frustrating at first but i got used to it but it realy wasnt a big issue to me as there isnt anything wrong with xp's networking
Readyboost was kind of ok i will admit but again i can live withouit it seeing as i didnt see any major performance increase using it
Dream scene , i didnt use this but i have seen it in use and tbh it would distract me from my tasks yet MS claim vista is more productive
So yeah for me vista isnt worth it as i use my pc for general stuff with the minimalist gaming even if i wanted i could run the lite version but i am not cos realy dont need it and am not too fond of the ui but everone is different and has different needs , such as gamers need DX10 and other people may want the easier networking so i am not saying nobody should buy vista . I am saying not everyone needs it and ther eis no point paying for something you dont need

Yes it is worth buying.

Not right at this moment. Best if you wait for Service Pack 1 which should be released by end of this year.

There are still some things that need ironing out. It's a good operating system though. Don't fall for all that crap saying it has a hardware premium or whatever. Try it yourself.

I acquired Vista Lite because I really just wanted to use Vista ans see what people actually liked so much about it. Vista Lite ran fine on my Athlon XP 2GHz, 512MB ram system. I'm not really all too impressed with the Lite version though. I don't like how they made the shutdown buttons/Start button either. I've found, that when I am forced to upgrade my system and get Vista, that I won't be using the widgets, they just get in the way for me. I'm happy with XP for now.

Yes it is worth buying.

Not right at this moment. Best if you wait for Service Pack 1 which should be released by end of this year.

There are still some things that need ironing out. It's a good operating system though. Don't fall for all that crap saying it has a hardware premium or whatever. Try it yourself.
It does have higher requirements then xp but that is to be expected anyway but if you are getting it for dx 10 and gaming you are most likely gonna have a high powered dual core with 2gigs of ram and a high end gpu but people who only use there pc for basic tasks prolly will still have a single core with max of 1gb ram and prolly low end gpu or integrated and at the moemnt i dont think it is worth them upgrading there machine to run it . One thing thati like is thelite version but unfortunately that is illegal but if MS did a lite version they like did with xp for legacypc's they could make a lot more money out of the ppl that use lower end pcs and have no plans to get a new pc

now thats the point i was trying to get across if u plan on gaming then get it if u dont then dont get it.

Back
Top Bottom