PC Restarts @ Login Screen (WINDOWS XP)

hyper3

Beta member
Hello all.

Ran into quite a problem when i logged on this morning i noticed that when i logged into Windows the taskbar had the loading icon running even after several minutes. I found out this was a spyware/virus/worm/troject etc. problem cause i downloaded a large file from another site earlier in the day.

So i went through the processes (by the way i did a virus scan and found a Virus in the file i downloaded), then i came across a process called "csrss.exe", i looked it up and found it was bad .. unfortuanelty i think i looked up "crss.exe" (forgot to type the s) which was listed as a trojan deleted it and now my Windows cant login tries to get to the login screen and automatically restarts even in Safe Mode.

Please help any possible ways i can fix this, or do i have to buy a new hardrive, or just scrap it and buy a whole new PC. Eh, well thanks ahead of time. :(

well reformatting will fix it, 100% sure. So there is no need to buy any new hardware.

But you might want to try to repair windows first, there should be a repair option when you boot from the windows cd.

Do you have your windows CD? If worse comes to worse all youll have to do is backup your data and reformatt windows :)

you wont have to buy anything :D...just put in your xp disk and repair the installation. there should be detailed instructions on microsoft's website.

you will never have to buy a new hardware or pc when you screw up software NEVER! :D

yh just repair the windows xp setup put the disk in the drive reboot tap enter to boot from cd then select R to repair the xp installation.

welcom to CF's

Back
Top Bottom