For those of you who have SpeedFan

As many have mentioned the biggest thing to watch is the Vcore. I'm not sure if your system is on auto or if you just set the Vcore to 1.35V.

Most motherboards go in small steps for the Vcore. Example the next step may be 1.3625 then 1.3675 etc. These may be off but you get the point. So basically the best way to step would be go at 1.35V until you get a lockup. Either at the splash screen or during a benchmark. Go back into your settings and raise the Vcore to the next step. And drop back to your last setting that worked correct.

Then go in do a benchmark and monitor your temps. You will probally see a small increase in heat. If its still within the tolerance go ahead and and raise your FSB in increaments again. The smallest step may or may not of been enough to get you there. If its still locking up at that setting try increasing the voltage another step dropping your FSB back to last stable settings and monitor the temp again and repeat.

If you google your processor you should find so results to what the max Vcore is on the chip. For example mine is rated at 1.35V but can go higher as long as temps are not a problem. I'm running a 1.5Vcore currently. Max i'm willing to go is 1.55Vcore as long as temps stay within tolerance.

Back
Top Bottom